Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Great, now my friends think I have anorexia... page 3

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    'you don't eat bread??'

then in their heads they see a plate with only a tiny piece of meat and a sprig of parsley

and boom, you're anorexic
    Actually, my mother has seen me break a fast before and SHE thinks I'm bullemic.

It's my friends who think I'm anorexic because I didn't even BOTHER to tell them about what a post-fast meal was like. At that point I realized I'd be asking for even more trouble.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    It's hard for me to get past the fact that loved ones would WILLINGLY eat four plates of spaghetti in one sitting and say "this is healthy because my doctor recomends it."

Uh-huh, you just tell that to your poor scale.

But seriously... When I see loved ones who could make such simple changes to their lifestyle and be infinantly healthier but who refuse to make them... *sigh*

If it's random people I barely know, it's one thing. Loved ones I KNOW I could help? Quite another.

I get really sad when i go over to my parents house and see every food in the SAD...I dont want to see my lil 8 year old brother and 6 year old sister growing up to this unhealthy way of living...Im always trying to get my family to convert to be paleo..havent accomplished this yet..
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bosstycoon View Post
    I get really sad when i go over to my parents house and see every food in the SAD...I dont want to see my lil 8 year old brother and 6 year old sister growing up to this unhealthy way of living...Im always trying to get my family to convert to be paleo..havent accomplished this yet..
    My mom has already told me she won't do it, my sister has married a soy-addicted vegan, and my father won't go a day without his honey nut cheerios and told me to shove it.

I should quit while I'm ahead...

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I have started to say, when people ask me what I have done to lose weight, "you don't want to know." Sounds snarky, but it's the first thing that comes out of my mouth.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    My mom has already told me she won't do it, my sister has married a soy-addicted vegan, and my father won't go a day without his honey nut cheerios and told me to shove it.

I should quit while I'm ahead...

This made me laugh out loud...my father-in-law loves his honey nut cornflakes. Even though he's on diabetes medication.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    I've stopped discussing with friends, though i have gotten some family in on it too. Both my wife and sister dropped large amounts of weight and gotten much healthier.

Friends/co-workers/acquaintances I now just say "ancient human secret" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    This made me laugh out loud...my father-in-law loves his honey nut cornflakes. Even though he's on diabetes medication.
    Sugar, well, I'd say carbs in general are an addiction. One that we are lead to believe is perfectly healthy so we see no reason to resist.

Sugar has been getting some hate as of late, which is good, but we have a long way to go before people realize the disaster we've created by pushing grains on society so hard.

I wish I could explain this to my family. Unfortunately, my family is just not as receptive as yours seems to be. I am not having the same kind of luck that it seems a lot of people around here are.

kiks is offline Member
    I understand what you mean....i've come to realize that there is no point in opening the topic of primal eating to those that have no clue. If they ask, i'll say i eat unprocessed or foods without preservatives, and organic foods.
    This is the first time that i honestly consider my diet a way of life. It is not a short term torture as i used to think of my old dieting methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Yeah, even my more educated friends think I'm strange and I haven't the patience to tell them about all the research. If people ask, I just say I eat non-processed food.
    It's funny, cause i feel this as well. It's also funny b/c i am the biology educated person among my friends, and they still think they know, or think i've been brainwashed.

Rearden is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Yeah, even my more educated friends think I'm strange and I haven't the patience to tell them about all the research. If people ask, I just say I eat non-processed food.
    Same here. I've learned not to even bother explaining the research because people still argue with me. Me=scientist. Them=not. And yet they argue. ???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast