Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Great, now my friends think I have anorexia... page 2

  1. #11
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Yeah, even my more educated friends think I'm strange and I haven't the patience to tell them about all the research. If people ask, I just say I eat non-processed food.
    I find that saying stuff like "non-processed" foods is too vauge. Most people keep pushing you about the EXACT foods you eat because they're after some miracle diet formula. And then when I give it to them, they're like...

    "Oh God, nevermind. I don't want THAT miracle!


  2. #12
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    People are threatened by your success. It points out to them that it IS possible. Therefor they COULD get off their duffs, stop making excuses, and get it done too. But that would be hard. Much easier to label your success as a pathology.

    But be patient and try to stay positive. It is surprising to me how many people in my circle of friends/family have come around. What has convinced several people I know is that I did not yo-yo right back up after losing the weight. It was not a "fad" or a phase that came and went.
    The problem I've had is that I started my weight loss while still on a CW-type diet. And it NEVER came back. Everyone knows it. They see that and say that it can be done that way.

    Then, when I switched to primal, and started having even more (and MUCH easier) success, they would still point to my earlier success on the CW diet and say that I don't need to eat this way to be healthy, and in fact, it's probably not. They keep saying "oh but you had so much siccess on a NORMAL diet too!"

    Well, yeah, I won't lie. I did. But that was when I was SEVERELY calorie restricting AND way over-exercising. Now I don't have to do either one.

  3. #13
    Bosstycoon's Avatar
    Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    AU-Burn
    Posts
    150
    Whatever people may say about your lifestyle, just know that your a few steps ahead of them to living a healthy life..Dont let their negativity bring your success down
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

    Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around


    Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

  4. #14
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosstycoon View Post
    In My nutrition class this semester (first 3 weeks into semester) i mentioned in class during the first week about paleo/fasting...MY teacher was "oh wait until i get into those topics this semester and what I think of them"....Oh well in consideration of her being obese yet still a nutrition teacher i kinda giggled..No offense to fat people because i was one at a point and i still consider myself fat... but when she touches this topic and says how we american need 250-300 grams of good carbs daily i cant wait to get into a debate about these topics!!! I havent faced any negativity about my lifestyle from peers recently...Honestly have been hearing good things...Girls around me in class are tuned into my convos with the teacher and how healthy my life is, which i get alot of satisfaction from of course !! anyways if your peers get derogatory about your success on your diet just zone out and realize how much success you have had personally about your gains!
    Actually, there are a lot of people who recognize the amazing tool that fasting represents for weight loss, cronic inflamation, and treating a whole host of diseases. But then they still cannot get on to the high fat, low carb thing. It's like...

    You're halfway there! You can go the extra mile... I know you can!

    But alas.

    My family has a history of cholesterol problems. Imagine when they found out the amount of eggs I eat almost daily.

  5. #15
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    The problem I've had is that I started my weight loss while still on a CW-type diet. And it NEVER came back. Everyone knows it. They see that and say that it can be done that way.

    Then, when I switched to primal, and started having even more (and MUCH easier) success, they would still point to my earlier success on the CW diet and say that I don't need to eat this way to be healthy, and in fact, it's probably not. They keep saying "oh but you had so much siccess on a NORMAL diet too!"

    Well, yeah, I won't lie. I did. But that was when I was SEVERELY calorie restricting AND way over-exercising. Now I don't have to do either one.
    Sounds like the first part of your weight loss could much more easily be labeled as "anorexic" than the Primal part.

    The funny thing about Primal being relatively easy is that that is even more threatening. Anyone COULD do it (if they chose to). Not just someone with super-human willpower and strength willing to punish themselves with whips and chains.

  6. #16
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,545
    Because people are celliac and wheat sensitive people are able to accept I don't eat grains. When I have been up since 6am and tell them...OK 3:00 time for lunch that floors them. Focus on the food and the exercise - get lean, get mean and get strong.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  7. #17
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosstycoon View Post
    Whatever people may say about your lifestyle, just know that your a few steps ahead of them to living a healthy life..Dont let their negativity bring your success down
    It's hard for me to get past the fact that loved ones would WILLINGLY eat four plates of spaghetti in one sitting and say "this is healthy because my doctor recomends it."

    Uh-huh, you just tell that to your poor scale.

    But seriously... When I see loved ones who could make such simple changes to their lifestyle and be infinantly healthier but who refuse to make them... *sigh*

    If it's random people I barely know, it's one thing. Loved ones I KNOW I could help? Quite another.

  8. #18
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sounds like the first part of your weight loss could much more easily be labeled as "anorexic" than the Primal part.

    The funny thing about Primal being relatively easy is that that is even more threatening. Anyone COULD do it (if they chose to). Not just someone with super-human willpower and strength willing to punish themselves with whips and chains.
    "But I could never go without my pasta and bread!"

    That to them, is all they need to know to think that primal requires superhuman willpower as well.

  9. #19
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,355
    'you don't eat bread??'

    then in their heads they see a plate with only a tiny piece of meat and a sprig of parsley

    and boom, you're anorexic
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #20
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,900
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Because people are celliac and wheat sensitive people are able to accept I don't eat grains. When I have been up since 6am and tell them...OK 3:00 time for lunch that floors them. Focus on the food and the exercise - get lean, get mean and get strong.
    6:00 AM to 3:00 PM? Weak man, weak.

    That aside, I am focusing on myself and feeling great. It's just hard to know that others want your success without your methods. Well, tough. My methods = my success. Can't really divorce the two.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •