Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Become Completely PRIMAL page

PrimalSurvival is offline Junior Member

Post How to Become Completely PRIMAL

Shop Now
    Hey all, I hope no one minds me putting this here, but I wrote an article this morning and thought some of you might be interested in reading it.

How to Become Completely PRIMAL
    You May Not Be as Primal as You Think!

Most people that find out about Paleo usually never go any further than learning about the Paleo diet itself. Sometimes they might even delve deeply into the diet, learning all the science behind it.

And then just a few of those people go into learning a bit about the whole Paleo type of exercising and lifestyle. Things like MovNat, learning how to become a great Paleo chef, etc.

But there is so much more that goes into the whole Paleo life that most people miss out on. I believe more than anything you need to have a few different “ingredients” to become truly Primal....

To Read the Rest of the Article, Please visit the link Below.
    How to Become Completely Primal | Primal Survival - Self Defense
    Coach Karma
    PrimalSurvival.org - Self Defense, Paleo, Fitness, Lifestyle

VeganNightmares.com - Paleo Recipes

New Paleo Cookbook - Paleo Winter Recipes Check it out

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Nice post I still can't understand why these people on here eat white rice everyday. That's just not paleo and defeats one of the main purposes of the paleo diet. TO ELIMINATE GRAINS! Mark's blog posts about rice are very counter productive and people take it the wrong way
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Pachamama is offline Junior Member
    I am newbie but i started long ago my personal research for a more natural lifestyle and i perfectly agree with the article..everything started buying a house in the countryside and step by step, here i am, where grains culture drived me!Like i read in other posts, primal is not a yo yo diet but a lifestyle..personally the only one suitable for me, thank's to everybody

Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    Nice post I still can't understand why these people on here eat white rice everyday. That's just not paleo and defeats one of the main purposes of the paleo diet. TO ELIMINATE GRAINS! Mark's blog posts about rice are very counter productive and people take it the wrong way
    I also do not understand these people. There all still addicted to the sugar the rice creates in the body, and then they go on about needing carb refeeds all the time, lol.

mrhealth is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    .......!Like i read in other posts, primal is not a yo yo diet but a lifestyle..personally the only one suitable for me, thank's to everybody
    I really get mad when my clients ask me about fads, like the grapefruit diet. It'd keep them full, but how long would it take before the lack of nutrients really hit them? I always told them I'd be there when they were over it which became a sign what they would do would negate the benefits I tried to help them with.
    A lifestyle change I feel is one of the biggest keys toward success in a health sense.
    Health Wellness and Fitness information should be readily available. Visit Six Pack Abs V to see the next big thing in the fitness industry!

mrhealth is offline Junior Member
    And they get sluggish I've found, very similar to a smoker without his nicotine (I'm slowly quitting and was a huge, HUGE, bread fan a while ago).
    Health Wellness and Fitness information should be readily available. Visit Six Pack Abs V to see the next big thing in the fitness industry!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You guys are all focused on grains and refeeds but you didn't even read the article. The article was about self defense. Defending yourself against predators.

As far as that goes, first of all, I lived for 6 months in the wilderness. Every large animal ran away from me in terror. So the idea that we need to fight predators is kinda silly if you ask me. We're on top as far as the animals go.

I've also backpacked in grizzly country. With grizzlies, you are best off learning how not to piss them off and to understand their body language. If you ever get to the point that you have to fight a grizzly (or use your pepper spray), you had to have already done a whole list of things wrong. Your best weapon is to not be an idiot in grizzly country.

As far as actual self defense goes, being female, I understand that a huge part of self defense is psychological. Don't look like prey to predator males. Don't look like prey to those who would hurt you physically or those that want to con you out of your money. That right there is 99%. The rest is to not respond how they expect. I spent 7 years of my life selling flowers on the street corner. I, and the other gals who worked for the same company (we all worked alone at our own flower stand), got pretty savvy about how to respond to low-lifes out on the street. One of the gals actually hit some guy over the head with her metal cash box. I would run out into the street and cause a huge scene if anybody messed with me. I cut a guy once with my clippers, too. People got only one opportunity to interact with me. If they showed any sign of being a predator, I didn't give them any benefit of the doubt. None. That "nice girl" shit is what gets you in trouble.

I used to work in mental health and they taught us how to respond to violence. Most of the training was how to manage your own emotions. The rest was about techniques to manage an actual attack, should it ever get that far. A lot of things you do are completely the opposite of what you naturally want to do. Like moving into the attack rather than pulling away.

Basically, self-defense for a man might be fighting. I don't know. But throughout MY life self-defense has been far more about assessment, de-escalation and fighting against cultural training to be "nice" and "feminine." It's been less about physical stuff and far more about using my brain and trusting my instinct.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You guys are all focused on grains and refeeds but you didn't even read the article. The article was about self defense. Defending yourself against predators.

...(snip)...

Basically, self-defense for a man might be fighting. I don't know. But throughout MY life self-defense has been far more about assessment, de-escalation and fighting against cultural training to be "nice" and "feminine." It's been less about physical stuff and far more about using my brain and trusting my instinct.
    +1000, SB.

The article was about self-defense.

I have a black belt in karate, and yes, my dojo DID teach all the aspects of self-defense, the first of which is to use your brain and NOT get into a situation where you need to use physical intervention. I have a conceal-carry permit, and yes, I do carry my weapon. In my CCW class, the majority of the classroom education was about NOT getting into bad situations.

I have been in some situations in my life (I'm 55) where it might have escalated to violence, but I defused them by using my brain. I haven't had a sheltered life; I served 6 years in the Army, and have had to live and work in some very marginal places throughout the years.

I haven't actually lived in the wilderness for an extended period of time like SB has, but I've camped and been to places where they recommend "how to avoid bad interactions with wildlife".

It's all about using the one thing that makes us substantially different than animals: our brains.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    A... "these people"
    Not everyone on this site eats Rice. Many don't, and actually it's a kind of select set who choose that route... and of those very, VERY, few eat rice every day. Most who eat it do so from once to a few times a week.
    If you have a problem with Mark Sisson's posts/comments/beliefs on rice, you should probably contact him personally about it.

B. Primal, as in The Primal Blueprint" is not "Paleo", how a person does it is pretty individual... And that is okay.
    Nobody really needs to get on other peoples cases about their personal choices, especially if they are happy with the results of those choices.

For instance Mark Sisson's wife is Pesce-vegetarian approved "Primal". Fish, eggs, veg, fruit. I bet she even eats some rice as I've read she eats *gasp* sushi!
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-09-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    I read the article thanks. and personally I don't really give a fuck about what these people eat, I just think its funny that these sugar addicts call themselves paleo
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast