Thread: Are Gelatin, Chia, and Miracle Noodle(shiritaki) ok to use a lot? page

Are Gelatin, Chia, and Miracle Noodle(shiritaki) ok to use a lot?

I've read conflicting reports here on MDA that chia probably isnt something we should eat but i got a free bag of it from an order or nuts i placed online and was thinking of making some sort of larabar-like concoction with them.

also does gelatin promote weight gain or bloating? for a few weeks i was making a mini jello mold to eat at dinner with one packet of knox blox and during that time i noticed some weight gain/bloating. I've inot had any of it since saturday and noticed the bloating has subsided but i don't know if it has anything to do with the gelatin.

and finally are miracle noodles bloating at all? I've read they are because it is all fiber but on the package it says per 3 servings there are potentially less than 4 carbs which is an entire package.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shiritake are bloating. We get them once in a while (not the miracle noodles, just whatever the local Asian market has), for stir-fries and noodle soups. I ate them 4 days in a row when I was doing 900 cal days, and it was not very pleasant.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gelatin is no problem at all, in fact it's quite good for you. I don't know a thing about chia but I think Dr. Bork Bork has several recipe idea for it on her blog.

Shiritake noodles (the kind made from konjac root not soy) will plug up your digestive system if you eat them in large quantities or at least that has been my experience.

As a better noodle substitute, like Sea Tangle brand kelp noodles available though Netrition.com. They are a good source of dietary iodine and have a better texture, IMO.