As I have mentioned around this forum before, I came to MDA from a FSND reboot. My husband and I did the reboot because we saw the commercial on tv, we watched the movie, and then my husband insisted on trying it. We did, sort of (we only did 5 days of juice-only in the two weeks) and my husband lost about 20lbs and I lost about 10lbs. The weight loss was a happy thing, but I found juicing and fruit&vegetable-only eating to be rather unsustainable. Which is how I ended up here. We've been doing primal eating for about the last month.

The thing is, my husband is no longer losing weight, and is suggesting that we go back to juicing. I, on the other hand, am still losing weight and size (mypantsarefallingoff), but I don't need to lose any more weight.

Some stats:
DH: 6'1", started at ~270 pre-FSND, dropped to ~248 post-FSND, now around ~252. Wears size 42 pants, but under the belly. Straight around is a few inches more. We haven't been measuring it. It is now noticeably smaller than it was when he was 270.
Me: 5'5", started ~138 pre-FSND, dropped to ~128 post-FSND, now dropping below 120.

What we eat:
DH: Breakfast is 3 eggs, about two slices of bacon (or sausage), sometimes three. Two cups of coffee with raw honey and half&half or cream. I usually put some veggie on the side - a tomato or such, or inside the eggs, like broccoli, spinach, or peppers. Lunch is sometimes cold sliced meat (about a cup) with a salad. Sometimes he puts about 2 cups whole milk yogurt in a bowl and puts a drizzle of honey and a handful of walnuts on top. Dinner is usually around a half pound of meat (or two fillets of salmon if it's fish) and a couple vegetables, green or orange, sometimes both. For snacks he noshes on cheese sticks, almonds, sometimes fruit*, and sometimes sprouted bread**, if I'm on top of things I'll have some mini-meatloaf in the fridge or remind him to make some hard-boiled eggs. He often drinks whole milk (which is sometimes raw milk) throughout the day when he is thirsty.

Me: Breakfast is two eggs, one or two slices of bacon, and a cup of coffee with stevia and some coconut milk or half-and-half. This keeps me full until ~3pm. At three I have some bone broth mixed with some vegetable broth (still have dessicated veggies in my freezer from FSND, and they make some good broth), or some yogurt mixed with preserves, cheese, or some dried figs, or leftovers. Dinner is the same as my husband, but about 2/3 the amount. Unless you count the 3pm mini-nosh as a snack, I don't really snack. And I do not drink milk.

*This is sometimes a banana, which I buy for our 5yo who needs to gain weight. But I've now got 5yo in the habit of eating a small apple as his "snack" at school, so I haven't bought bananas this week, and might continue not buying, as my husband lacks the self-control to not eat them.

**The sprouted bread is also for the 5yo. I learned about WAP a few years ago, and right now it's there in small amounts to make sure Little Mr. Picky gets his calories.

My husband, as I have mentioned elsewhere, is a recovering sugar-addict and carbaholic. His family's diet consisted largely of sugar on top of carbs or deep fried potatoes. Sometimes the former made up both breakfast and lunch and the latter was the entirety of dinner. I have read what Mark says about switching the body from sugar-burning to fat-burning, but I think that maybe I am there, but my husband isn't. Every few hours my husband whines "I'm so hungry!" and then starts moaning about in the kitchen (my husband largely works from home). That's where the cheese & nuts, and also the fruit and bread, comes in. I don't feel like cooking when I'm not hungry, and I'm not going to act as a short-order cook every other hour during the day. I keep telling him that I think it's the snacking that has stalled his weight loss, but telling a hungry person they can't eat is cruel, and he insists that he really is constantly hungry throughout the day.

Another problem is that my husband's brain is hardwired to CW, and he entirely suspicious of "the "wise" elites are wrong!" sort of argument. I had him watch the lecture on the lipid hypothesis and sugar by the Fat Head guy, and he largely agreed with the him. But still, he keeps on asking me, "are you sure eating this many eggs is okay?" "Are you sure all this meat isn't bad for my heart?" And my suggestions to cook with bacon fat or drink bone broth are met with "what? no! nothing weird!" I snuck chicken livers into the taco salad meat earlier this week and he is still harping on about it. "Are you sure we were supposed to eat that?" "Are you sure it won't make me sick?" I told him to read Mark's book, and he skimmed through it and came back with, "I don't know, it sounds like a new-earth creationist conspiracy theory. The FSND movie had a nutritionist and a doctor. I have a hard time believing the consensus could be so wrong." I should also explain that my husband has atrial fibrillation, and is a hypochondriac who is constantly afraid of dying from cancer. He nearly blew up his heart as a teenager smoking too much pot, so he is wary of self-experimentation and doing anything against the grain when it comes to his health.

So, my questions:

#1: Is there a good doctor/nutritionist who can explain why primal eating is healthy, and preferably has a good video on youtube? Bonus points if they never mention the words government, regulation, or common opinion.

I did recently order Enig's book on fats through my local library, but it might take a while, since the entire county has only one copy. I did play the youtube clip of Nourishing our Children earlier today, trying the sell him the concept of eating meat is healthy, since Price was a doctor. He wants to see the whole movie, but his main question from watching the first 20 mins was "can you get some of that bread?" (he was referring to the rye sourdough bread that the Swiss village ate).

#2: My hypothesis is that his body is still craving glucose, which is why he snacks now and did okay with juicing (and why he still craves bread). As I understand it, to really lose weight with Primal you have to make the switch to fat burning. Given the current diet, and his hang-ups about eating more meat and fat, what is a good plan to flip that switch?

#3: Or is the problem simply that his main meals don't provide enough calories? I know he needs to eat more calories than me, even to lose weight, but since I eat so little it is hard for me to judge that accurately. But he usually says that he is full after dinner, and yet still grabs a cheese-stick before bed.

I've been considering ways to remove glucose from his diet completely, like omitting the honey and the dairy. But this would be rather drastic to him, as he has always had raw honey in his diet since his father is a beekeeper, and as a northern-European with some Gypsy mixed in, I believe he definitely does have the ability to digest milk, which he does frequently. To cut these things out we would need to replace them with something "weird," like stevia and kombucha, and that will be a huge hassle to him. (But no, cutting them out to drink the juice of raw beets and kale is not, go figure). But if I can convince him that the hassle will produce good result he maybe might be willing to give it a shot. But if it doesn't work I'll start looking like the boy who cried wolf.

Maybe he just needs a strict eating plan, since his ability to gauge his own hunger is broken. About how many calories should he eat in a day? What macronutrient proportions would help flip the switch? Given that I think this will entail a diet high in fat, what "not-weird" foods can I sneak in to help him hit his daily amount of fat? If there is an eating plan somewhere designed by a nutritionist that would really help. He's only lightly active, we take walks a couple times a week, but otherwise he's pretty sedentary.

Finally, has anyone here seen the whole Nourishing our Children movie? Does Fallon explain the health benefits of bone broths and liver in it? If she does, it might be worth buying...

Arghh, sorry for the long post. But this is really frustrating. I'm really doing great with this WOE, besides losing weight I have a ton of energy and my skin is great. But my husband really does need to lose some pounds, and for some reason this just isn't working right for him.