Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you have for breakfast this morning? page 4

meepster is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Managed to find Primal options at my friendly local coffeeshop - 2 hardboiled eggs, one banana, one cup of coffee.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Coffee with coconut oil and almond milk x2
    WOD
    Whey shake made with coconut milk
    3 hardboiled eggs
    roasted sweet potato fries
    leftover avocado slaw

That was only 4.5 hours ago, and I'm already fantasizing about dinner.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Bron is offline Senior Member
    It's not quite 9am here, so haven't had breakfast yet. But will soon, cos dinner was chips so I'm getting hungry. I've got a dozen or more bumnuts from the girls out the back, so that with some mushrooms I think. First, though, I'll go to the fruit and veg store and buy said mushrooms.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    All this week I've been trying a new kind of breakfast (experimenting with upping my fat intake), and I'm loving it:

2 rashers of bacon from a cool biodynamic butcher I've found locally, who makes his own smallgoods without added sugar, gluten, etc (and it's DELISH)
    4 eggs from pastured hens, fried in lots of butter until just cooked but with runny yolks

All smooshed up together it looks, well, not exactly MasterChef pretty, but damn it tastes lick-the-plate-clean good. I could live on egg yolks, I think.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    2 hard boiled eggs.
    1 large grapefruit.
    2 large handfuls of baby carrots.
    1 large handful of raw almonds.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    "20%" meal is Saturday breakfast out. I'm already looking forward to it.

several cups of coffee with heavy cream

4-meat omelet with cream cheese. Meats are: bacon/sausage/ham/pork roll (I know the non-NJ people don't know what that is, but envy is the appropriate reaction. It's a delicious smoky, salty ham-based breakfast sausage)
    Cooked in conventional butter
    No toast. No home fries.
    Heavily doused in Cholula brand hot sauce, which has some silly guar or xanthan gum. I opt not to read that label on Saturday mornings.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Fried one strip of really amazeballs bacon in coconut oil; added 2 small bunches of baby bok choy, and about 10 shrimp. Salt and pepper. Easy peasy.

OM NOM NOM.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I read a couple of "deviled eggs" posts. I haven't had deviled eggs in a long time, and that sounds really good. Right now I'm on a business trip, but I have a hotel room with a kitchenette. I bought some eggs and pesto at Trader Joe's, and I think I'm going to make some pesto deviled eggs for breakfast tomorrow!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Fried one strip of really amazeballs bacon in coconut oil; added 2 small bunches of baby bok choy, and about 10 shrimp. Salt and pepper. Easy peasy.

OM NOM NOM.
    Patski, that sounds like what I made myself for dinner in my hotel room the other night!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I read a couple of "deviled eggs" posts. I haven't had deviled eggs in a long time, and that sounds really good. Right now I'm on a business trip, but I have a hotel room with a kitchenette. I bought some eggs and pesto at Trader Joe's, and I think I'm going to make some pesto deviled eggs for breakfast tomorrow!
    Oh, pesto deviled eggs . . . . yum! That was my reaction. I crawled into bed and my boyfriend said "would you bring me some deviled eggs". He asks me to bring him something all the time and I usually tell him to STFU, but this time I was all "deviled eggs . . .yeah". I bet they'd be pretty tasty with crumbled bacon too.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast