Thread: 20 lbs in 3 months... despite myself! page

20 lbs in 3 months... despite myself!

Shop Now
    On June 4 I was 170lbs at 5'7 and my bf% measured as high as 41% on my fancy scale that measure such things. My sister had introduced PB to me and my mom and I decided to give it a shot! I lost a LOT of weight very quickly; 5 lbs in 5 days, 10lbs in 18 days, 15 lbs in 42 days, finally 20 lbs in 90 days. Those first ten pounds or so were what I called "stupid fat" - weight I knew my body didn't want and was there for no reason other than what I didn't realize was a terrible diet and almost complete lack of exercise!

In those first 90 days I had weeks that were 95% primal, and weeks that were more like 60% primal. I struggle when I'm in a bad mood or stressed, and as a new bride with a deployed husband I experience stress sometimes! What I LOVE though is that even though my weight loss stalls or reverses when I eat poorly, it is SO forgiving and within day or two of eating correctly I start losing again. I might gain two pounds over the course of five days by being sloppy with my food, but I'll lose it again in one or two days. The problem I had with other diets is that they didn't work quickly enough, were difficult to stick to, and were very unforgiving if you goofed it up. This low pressure helps me so much!

Now I have about 3-4 months before my husband returns home, and I plan to spend that time really amping up the fitness portion, as well as being more serious about the diet part. I just read PB Fitness and it sounds totally do-able so I can't wait. So far all I've been doing is zumba once a week and occasional walks or hikes. I can't wait to kick this final 10-20 lbs and build some real strength and maybe even see some definition. When DH left I weighed 172, really struggled with depression, had a lot of energy/motivation/mood problems, and was in a size 14-16.

After three months, I weigh 150, my body fat measures as 33%, my depression is more managable (also seeing a therapist and starting to take supplements), I have at least bouts of energy though not constant energy, and I feel that my moods are more stable. Oh, and I'm a size 12 now.

No pictures yet, but I just wanted to encourage anyone out there looking at PB to know that you CAN make a noticable difference in a short period of time *even if you aren't perfect*. Just try it! Do a "pretty good" job of following the diet for a month, and see where you land. If your journey is like mine, people will already be noticing the difference in how you look, you'll sleep better, and you'll have to go shopping for new jeans!
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    That's fantastic!

When I originally went from 173 lbs to 134 pounds (I'm 5'6") it took me 2 years on a low-fat, calorie-counting diet. I wish I could have had your story with losing it so quickly (and seemingly effortlessly) and having other positive effects! (I ended up getting really obsessed with the whole calorie-counting thing and it really screwed with my mind. Definitely got mentally unstable as I continued to lose weight in such a way!)

Great job!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Lyns84 is offline Junior Member
    It's fantastic isn't it! Our stats are very similar except I'm a shortie at 5ft3.
    Good luck for the next 90 days, keep us posted on how you get on :-)

Lyns x