Thread: Type II Diabetes and PB page

CrazyCatLady is offline Member

Type II Diabetes and PB

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been following this (diet mostly yet) for about a month, and have noticed big differences. My question has to do with my brother, who is type II, and is loosing feeling in his feet which has the whole family very concerned. I believe he does insulin injections as well as other meds. I would like to recommend that he follow the PB lifestyle, but....

I hear lots of success stories. Anyone who is type II and NOT had the success they wanted? Why do think that it is the case? (Not following successfully, perhaps, or not long enough?) Have you had other issues crop up and maybe are thinking of leaving this behind as not for you? I really need to hear the negatives too, so that I can warn him what to look out for etc.

So, please let me know. I am worried about my brother and want to send him the book (lead the horse to water so to speak.) But I need to know downsides too. Not everything works for everyone, I want to hear that too (even though I am VERY inspired by the success stories! But, while I had low blood sugar issues, I am not obese or diabetic.)

Thanks in advance for your stories.

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    I think time as a type II plays into success the most.

I myself was diagnosed in november of 2010, went "kind of" primal through 2011 and did lose weight and control my blood sugar, but fasting sugars were still high. this year, i took the leap and revamped myself to 100% primal. Last month, my doctor told me I am no longer diabetic and removed it from my file. Oh, and I lost ~170lbs during all of this.

Another member here hasn't seen the same results though has been type II for longer. I'm sure he will chime in at some point. Just wanted to share my own experience.

Paleobird Guest
    TorMag, another T2D, has a thread going about the Blood Sugar Solution you might want to check out.

My father has had fantastic results with going Primal but his was not as severe a case with time to do as much damage as someone like Tormag. So YMMV.

Pops9653 is offline Junior Member
    I think the best success story should be yours. It worked for you and if he wants to get better it won't hurt to try it. The thing about type two is carbs=BG spike=Insulin spike=Fat storage. A book I read that helped me head this way was Insulin Resistance: Turning off the fat making machine.