This post is to start a discussion about August 2012 Macro stats:

Background info: 31-Male, 5'7"
Started my primal journey at the end of June.
6/30: 225lbs (Waist 46.25")
7/30: 212lbs (Waist 44.0")
8/31: 204lbs (Waist 42.5")

During the month of August, I used Myfitnesspal.com to log every bite of food. (I put the app on my cell, web shortcuts on my work and home computers. I even set reminders in my cell to check my logs for accuracy daily)

My initial goals were to get carbs to about 10%, fats to 60%, and protein to 30%, however that was not possible for me.

I had two non-primal/High carb days in which I was doomed and consumed birthday cake (8/24 my 31st birthday and 8/29 my last day of work in Mexico). I had one high carb day, 8/11 which I over ate bananas and limes. (Should have known better, but didn't think about it at the time)

I used the following assumptions:
Fat: 1 gram = 9 calories
Protein: 1 gram = 4 calories
Carbohydrates: 1 gram = 4 calories
Total calories per my tracking minus the macros above = "Other stuff". (I have no idea what this could be, so I call it experimentation error)

I then charted the data in Excel and this is the results:

2012-08-macros.jpg

I am curious to see what people think about the ratios, etc. I am still losing weight and feel great. My better half has also started the primal lifestyle this week and has had weight loss also. We are taking this very serious as our wedding is exactly one month out! (And what better way to start your new life together than primally?)

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to the comments.