Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Re-injured coccyx

Threaded View

Re-injured coccyx

Hey y'all,

I fell on a wood floor and hurt my coccyx (tailbone) 6 years ago. I believe I perhaps fractured it, because it hurt to sit down for 8 months straight before the pain went away. 2 years ago I fell the same way and rehurt it. Eventually the pain went away. Now it's hurting me again, been painful for a week now and have trouble sitting. The only thing I can think of is that I sat back on that area too much during a weekend vacation in the mountains and/or that I strained nearby muscles ascending many stairs up Tallulah Gorge (if you have been there then you know).

My husband wants me to go to the doctor but I'm stubborn. But, it hurts, dang it. If you have hurt your tailbone before please give me your advice as to what you did to help with it. I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't think they can do anything anyway. Did you have any exercises that helped?

Thanks,
    Jenny

Edited to add: I just remembered a funny story about the first time I hurt my tailbone... after I hurt it I was texting my dad "I fell and hurt my coccyx" but my phone autocorrected the word coccyx to "cocaine". I was baffled as to why the phone would even be programmed to suggest the word cocaine! How many people text about that?!
    Last edited by aix_sponsa; 09-06-2012 at 05:01 PM.