Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All natural skin lotion recipe page

BennettC is offline Senior Member

All natural skin lotion recipe

Primal Fuel
    So lately I've really gotten in making my own hygiene products. I've made homemade toothpaste, deodorant, and now skin lotion. Needless to say the lotion does cost a little more, but I'm am trying to repair scar tissue from childhood obesity and wanted to take a shot at making my own. The store bands do not seem to help much, plus everything in this recipe is all natural.

Homemade Skin Lotion
    1/4 cup of good quality aloe gel
    1/2 of coconut oil
    1/2 cup of really good shea or cocoa butter (you could try a mix, I used shea because I had a really pure source)
    2 tbs of beeswax
    2 tbs of raw honey
    2tbs of sunflower oil
    2tbs of grapeseed, olive oil, hempseed, flax, or avocado
    Your favorite essential oil(s)

I used tea tree oil and I also steeped two bags of chamomile tea so I wouldn't have to buy an extra essential oil
    I'll put this stuff up against any store brand lotion, and best of all there are no harsh chemical or preservatives!
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by BennettC; 09-06-2012 at 06:12 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you could put the shea butter on you straight. that's the main one for helping with scars.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Shea butter works straight as a great mosturizer, as does coconut oil.

Neither one needs any additional ingredients. Simple, effective, and safe!

homunculus is offline Member
    I just use coconut oil by itself, it works great c:
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    But my coconut oil is solid. I'm not sure I get this concept. Do you melt it, won't it set on your skin?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    After shaving my underarms recently, I got a little bit of shavers rash, and used coconut oil, straight on the skin..... best solution EVER !!!!! I just dug a little out with my finger and smeared it on.....fan-tas-tic !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    But my coconut oil is solid. I'm not sure I get this concept. Do you melt it, won't it set on your skin?
    Dig out a couple tablespoons with your fingers and rub it between your hands a bit. It will melt based on your body heat, and then you rub it on your skin. It will look oily at first, but will absorb into your skin within a minute or so. A little goes a long way, so use less and then add as needed. I keep a tub of Louana in the bathroom for this.

The OP recipe looks good, I'm thinking it will give more of the "cream" feel that regular lotions have. I'm fine with plain coconut oil for my skin, but I would like to eventually make my own toothpaste.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I keep a seperate bottle of coconut oil in the bathroom and the heat from the shower tends to keep it liquid. I love using it on everything below the neck! I wash my face with plain baking soda and water then use a toner of 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water, then finish with and oil blend of 3 parts (high quality) sunflower oil 1 part castor oil...keeps my skin very soft and not a blemish in sight!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    you could put the shea butter on you straight. that's the main one for helping with scars.
    Yep, that's what I use too. If I use coconut oil, my dog won't stop licking me.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I usually moisturize i the morning with a mix of coconut, grapeseed, sunflower, and tea tree oils. found some recipes online and decided to put my spin on it and try it out(this recipe above is an original). the lotion works very well and i got a really good yield off of it. my skin this morning was very soft from using it last night

btw in the south, my coconut oil stays liquid lol, but ive always found mixing it with an oil that is already a liquid keeps it from becoming solid again
    Last edited by BennettC; 09-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast