Thread: Do you find that you lose easier/stall at different points in your cycle? page

catholicchick is offline Senior Member

Do you find that you lose easier/stall at different points in your cycle?

Primal Fuel
    In the last two days I have lost another 2 pounds (after a week long stall). I just made the conclusion, after months of eating Primal, that I lose weight easier and stall for a week or so at a time, during different parts of my cycle. If this is true with most women, then it would make the stalls more bearable. Tell me how this affects you and if you have noticed this as well.

Also, just curious, if you eat differently during menstruation than you do during ovulation? Do you add any more fat to help with cravings etc.? Do you exercise differently? Thanks for chiming in!
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You're probably not "stalling" at all--you're just retaining water during part of your cycle and dropping it during another part, which gives you apparent stalls followed by quick losses each month, if you're tracking progress by your scale weight.

Tracking weight is best done on a biweekly or even monthly basis anyway, keeping track of the trendline rather than individual weigh points, which can vary due to this kind of stuff.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    For the first phase of my cycle (menstration to ovulation), I tend to be leaner, eat less, and so on. From ovulation to menstruation, i am hungrier and not as lean (because I eat more).

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    You're probably not "stalling" at all--you're just retaining water during part of your cycle and dropping it during another part, which gives you apparent stalls followed by quick losses each month, if you're tracking progress by your scale weight.

Tracking weight is best done on a biweekly or even monthly basis anyway, keeping track of the trendline rather than individual weigh points, which can vary due to this kind of stuff.
    100% agree with this. Water retention can look a lot like fat on certain parts of the body causing me to think it is real weight gain. Same happens after a carb binge. But in summary, yes, I notice changes through cycle, both in weight, bloating as well as food cravings and appetite.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Vega is offline Member
    Yes absolutely. I always get an increase (or at least no decrease) right around the time I ovulate. It stopped bothering me once I figured out the pattern. I'm not aware of eating any more around that time so I'm assuming it's just water.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I consistently gain between 3-6 pounds the week before my period and lose it and a little more the week after my period. I assume it's water retention. I think I am more prone to eat junk during my period. Chocolate here, a grain free cookie there....

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    For the first phase of my cycle (menstration to ovulation), I tend to be leaner, eat less, and so on. From ovulation to menstruation, i am hungrier and not as lean (because I eat more).
    Yes---this!

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Whereas I see absolutely no difference regardless of where I'm at I crave nothing, ever. Sometimes I 'feel like a....' but never the same thing all the time and if I don't eat it, no biggie.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    A week before my period I tend to stall or gain. Its also the week that I most desire sweet and salty things (and when my will power is at its lowest). The few days after my period ends I tend to lose weight quickly (probably water weight) and then it evens out for the rest of the cycle.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    A week before my period I tend to stall or gain. Its also the week that I most desire sweet and salty things (and when my will power is at its lowest). The few days after my period ends I tend to lose weight quickly (probably water weight) and then it evens out for the rest of the cycle.
    This is where I am at too. God, it's great to know I am not alone with my cravings/stalls and losses.
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.