Thread: Non Primal Books that are great tools for success page

WPD5 is offline Junior Member

Non Primal Books that are great tools for success

Shop Now
    Started reading "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg and really like a lot of what he talks about. Understanding habit and how to change develop habits are a big part of creating a solid foundation for nutrition and exercise. Some very interesting insight into choice or the lack thereof in daily routines. A very interesting read that I think could be useful to anyone trying to help change their lifestyle or their family's lifestyle.

If anyone has any other suggestions please post the book and a bit about why it would be a good read.

primalperson1 is offline Junior Member
    I'd like to read that...
    Another book that helps with habits and eating specifically is Judith Beck's Diet Workbook--42 days of changes to make, day by day. She teaches alot of good skills!

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    Have you thought about Dean Dwyer's Make Shi(f)t Happen. I found out about it on someone's post around here and thought it was pretty good!
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I would recommend Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. It's about the psychology of eating, and quite interesting.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catholicchick View Post
    Have you thought about Dean Dwyer's Make Shi(f)t Happen. I found out about it on someone's post around here and thought it was pretty good!
    Me too. It was a very quick read but I have to say I cant even recall what it was about!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Phil Maffetone's Big Books, both the one on health and fitness and the one on endurance training and racing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3