Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are some good meal ideas coming off a 24 hour fast page

dnieto090388 is offline Junior Member

what are some good meal ideas coming off a 24 hour fast

hey was hoping to get some good ideas for a good meal coming off a 24 hour fast.

gmatt is offline Member
    Lots of people do 24 hour fasts everyday, so I don't think any special food is needed, as long it is healthy.

Check out pk's Fasting Primer thread too. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html
    Last edited by gmatt; 09-06-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: link

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Just what I would ordinarily eat. 24h. isn't really a 'fast' for me though~ it's eating only once a day

dnieto090388 is offline Junior Member
    whats a good fast for you? and how long have you been eatting once a day?

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I doubt you need anything special for just 24 hours. I once did a 10 day fast. That was interesting. Not something I'd repeat.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnieto090388 View Post
    whats a good fast for you? and how long have you been eatting once a day?
    Are you asking me? Most days I follow Fast-5, usually have a snack around 4-5pm and dinner at 7pm. Probably once a week, things just get busy and I either forget to eat or don't have the opportunity, so I just have dinner. Have pretty much done this all my life. The only time I had problems was when I stupidly listened to CW with their *Breakfast is the most important meal of the day* BS. After gaining 15 pounds and having sugar crashes if I didn't eat all day, I called *uncle* and went back to what works for me.

As for fasting, I don't call it a fast until it's more than 36 hours, and that would be mostly because I had overindulged (like Thanksgiving) at the previous meal. Otherwise, I fast for 'housecleaning' and I'm finding that 5+ days work best for me.

YMMV~ It's just something you work with until it feels right. I've been doing this for a long time (40 years) and I'm still learning~ My body keeps changing as I age!

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    I have alot of photos on my journal that may give you some ideas on what to eat..Breaking a fast there is no special food really just eat primal

here is my journal link

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

otzi Guest
    I'm just making this up, I have no studies or anything to prove it...I don't eat one day a week, from dinner one day til lunch 2 days later--a 41hr fast--when I break this fast, I like to eat super-foods such as bone broth, blueberries, freshly made carrot juice, free range eggs cooked in pastured butter. The tndency is to just pig out on whatever primal goody there is handy, but I like to think your guts are in prime position to squeeze every last nutrient and vitamin you give them, so might as well go for the highest quality food you have on that first feeding.

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I like to eat super-foods such as bone broth, blueberries, freshly made carrot juice, free range eggs cooked in pastured butter.
    Damn that sounds good... fasting or no. Make sure to add a little salt.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, 24 hours isn't really much. When I fast for a day, I just eat a normal meal afterwards... nothing special.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast