Thread: Question to those who use coconut flour often and is nut flour bad? page

Question to those who use coconut flour often and is nut flour bad?

Primal Fuel
    Should using a tablespoon or 2 of coconut flour daily cause any problems? I know many say to use coconut flour sparingly because of the high fiber content but 2 tbsp(one serving) is only 5g fiber. I've found i really like making coconut flour pancakes with 1 egg 1-2tbsp coconut flour and a bit of coconut milk. But I didnt know if this could become a problem if im also eating veggies and getting fiber from other places.

Also i've read that cooking with nut flours is bad and should be avoided. why is this?

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    I believe the problem with using nut flours is that heating nuts oxidizes the fat and creates more o6 or something.

And I use coconut flour a lot the only probelsm I've had with it is a small amount makes me super full for quite awhile. Though that may be a good thing. I've seen that for some people it really backs them up. I don't know if that's because of some intolerance to it or they are just eating a large amount in one sitting.

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that little on an every day basis is bad at all and quite frankly, those pancakes sound reallly good. I may have to try that.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i have yet to try it but am thinking about frying some oysters or some chicken with it. alas i gave up my beloved cornmeal long ago, thats how they roll in the south lol