Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenege- AppalachianMatt page 9

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What a great freaking day. I recharged after a shitty day yesterday and am ready to tackle the world. Funny how you can have a "A Ha" moment then things fall apart quickly. But thats life and I am back on track. Good night's sleep last night, got a few major things taken care of at the house, decent start to the day at the office and now time to sit down and focus on the task at hand. Got to find a PSY for Somerset and a FP for Scranton. Going to take 15-20 minutes and figure out what is that I need to do to get this done. Man what a beautiful day.

B'fast- Skipped
    Snack- Almonds and 1-2 hard boiled eggs
    Lunch- Big ass salad- bell pepper, carrots, tuna
    Snack- Sardines
    Dinner- Flank steak with steamed beets, broccoli

I am in the first week of my 6 week experiment of hardcore primality and with a few tweaks I made (eating more carbs) I already feel like I did when I started. Time to get down to business. I have finally reached a point in my life where I am tired of everyone excuses and bullshit and they are getting called out for it. I will not be like every other sorry ass American that makes an excuse for why something doesn't get done. I can say this b/c I've actually bled for my country, I've carried dying soldiers in combat without thinking of my safety, I've earned the right to say these things. This is my time and form this point on nothing will stand in my way of me reaching the goals I have set.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

What a kick ass weekend. The wife worked on Saturday so little man and i hung out. Went for a nice walk in the AM for about 3 miles and then got in a killer workout as he napped.

Workout Saturday-
    Started off with Mountain climbers (30 seconds) into jumpin jacks (1 minute)
    Once warmed up I knocked out 50 push-ups then immediately went into abs.
    Went back to the lunges and I think my neighbors think I'm crazy. I did the length of the backyard diagonally 3 times.
    Came in and did 7 pull-ups wide grip with hands facing opposite directions. One overhand, the other under
    Abs- concentrate on lower abs and obliques for 3 minutes nonstop.
    Variation push-ups. Controlled movement from side to side for a count of 15.
    unassisted squats (25).

Relaxed and did housework.
    Dinner- Chicken Faijtas with bell peppers from the garden, tortillas, chicken, flank steak and shrimp. Onions, cheese

Sunday- Another great workout and relaxing day. Cooked some thick cut bacon and scrambled 5 eggs in the grease, added a bit of cheese and mushrooms wityh a tall glass of coffee (black of course).
    Lunch- Flank steak salad with Ceasar vinagrette, apple, grapes, blueberries, Bell peppers, carrots, almonds, swiss chard
    Dinner- Tilapia fried in EEVO with steamed, carrots, beets, and broccoli

Workout Sunday- Climbed a few trees (Finishing up my mini-rope course/possibly build a tree house in the future)
    Sprints, Abs (10 minute focus)
    Boxing- (20 minutes). The first 15 minutes was to perfect form and technique. This is really to get a hell of a burn going then the last 5 minutes is all out war. It's been a long time since I got that intense on a bag and I almost hurt myself b/c I started to focus on power instead of form. No issues and actually feeling pretty good now.
    I also did about 50 pull-ups through out the day.

Today- rest and relaxation.

My 6 week plan has officially begun. I kept moving back the start date b/c I wanted to make sure motivation, energy levels were where they needed ot be and they most certainly are now. The wife is jumping in on this but not as crazy as I am. I want to commit as hardcore as possible to this program for 6 weeks and see what results I can come up with. I know I
    ll have a few cheats days in there but again I need ot focus and minimalize those days to a select few. The hardest thign for me will be to get enough rest and relaxation. I have a tendency to push myself too hard and thats where I get into trouble.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Slept in this morning and got an extra hour of sleep. I love Tuesdays and Wednesdays b/c I can sleep in a little longer and don't need the alarm. Waking up naturally is better but at the same time I lose time I previously had to take care fo things before work Give and take. Well I am almost finished with the Primal Blueprint and I think while my wife is reading it I will go back and go back over certain aspects. The thing that kills me is the fat to carbs to protein ratio. My philosophy is just eat healthy and workout. Pretty simple but I really want to focus and tear up my 6 week program. Ever7ything is going according to plan at the moment.

Starting weight- 175 lbs
    After week 1- 178 lbs. I have really focused on good nutrition and a steady workout regime.
    My goal for this 6 week program is to be around 185-190 with 8% body fat, but more importantly to feel healthier and be able ot really do a lot of the things I want like build my tree house, ropes course and utlitize them in our lives. Imagine being able ot build a tree house where you and your kids can play, climb around and have fun. Sleep overs or campouts would be awesome. I have been in contact with a ton of people b/c although I want to do this myself it's still gonna cost money and take up a lot of effort. This will also ensure our kid is always playing and being active.

When I get home tonight I'll hit up a quick workout of push-ups and pull-ups but tomorrow is the big day. Tonight is mostly for stress relief.
    Tomorrow morning I am hitting it really hard with lunges, wall squats, variation push-ups, pull-ups, and 10 minutes focused on controlled abs. Loving this. 5 weeks to go.

Mary Pickford

Slept in again and moving the workout to my lunch break. I won't be able to really do pull-ups or lunges but I can get a lot of core, shoulders, chest and bi's today.

Breakfast- 4 eggs, 2 sausage patties and cheese. Cup of Coffee
    Snack- Almonds, Carrots in Almond butter
    Lunch- Big ass Salad, tuna
    Snack- Sardines
    Dinner- ?

After watching thr creative workout video I am going to put one together myself.

Mary Pickford

My new motto: Live life as if someone is trying to take it away.

Not a bad concept. Quick, easy and I wrote earlier about how people get bent out of shape over the smallest and most asinine things. Enjoy your time here and do whatever makes you happy whether thats living this way or eating at BK. We all live with the choices we make and life always moves on even if we don't. My main thing is having a positive mindset. We create our own realities so why not live in one where we accept the consequences of our actions and always try to push forward to brighter days? I am goign to try and live my life accoridng ot how I see it shoudl be, not what the news says is right, not what CW says. My life is about my enjoyment and my family's enjoyment not everyone elses. If the world would end tomorrow I would die knowing I lived a full life and have no regrets. I've made mistakes and done some pretty bad things but at the moment they were the right thing to do.

Mary Pickford

Despite my good intentions I have hit a major plateau which the book said I would hgit around this time period and boy have I. I'm a little under the weather at the moment but it shouldn't last longer than 2-3 days more with the amount of water and good food I have been absorbing. This past weekend was lost on sickness. We had a good time Saturday and started ot really draw out our plans for our home but other than a small cookout we were hermits.

All three of us are sick so making the decision to have a movie day was an easy one. Gotta get back on track and away from the sweets and carbs. We ate so much crap this weekend I still feel tired but its always good to have a few cheat days b/c it makes you realize exactly what our food does to us and it also gets our minds where we need. I woke up with every intention of working out but the energy levels were non-existent. I also am going to restart the Primal Blueprint book this week to reemphasize everything and get back on track for my goals. Still have 4.5 weeks left on my 6 week goal.

Workouts this week-
    Today- Simplefit for 20 minutes followed by Abs for 5 minutes
    Tomorrow- Stretching, abs with a focus also on arms
    Wed- Rest
    Thursday- Simple fit variation workout for 20 minutes
    Friday- Hardcore Abs
    Saturday- Sprints
    Sunday- Rest

Mary Pickford

Feeling amazing today after a stellar workout. It wasn't as hardcore as I wanted but it seems as thoguh its going to help get me out of this rut. I forgot how great it feels to get a solid workout in since the last few weeks my workouts haven't exactly been too strong. I hit the Simplefit with a little twist this morning for 15 minutes and then abs. I will finish the rest today at the office and go for a nice walk before I eat lunch.

We decided that with the way the housing market is we're going to be putting our roots down where we live. It's a great location just outside Atlanta thats in a heavily wooded/wetland area so no new constrtuction projects, police station within a 1/4 mile, Greenway that runs 4 miles and they're extending it, etc. Our place is perfect and with what our plans are for next year I think we can turn this into our dream home. A little money, a little effort and the right contractor will go a long way.

Next Spring, we're having the gas company, sewage and whoever else is needed to let us know ifI can till a 10 by 6 garden a foot deep. I have been looking for different places to find organic soil and then we're going to have a nice, lush garden that will hopefully provide us with at least 25% of our veggies. With more time a and few seasons under my belt that number will eventually grow to 40-50%. We're also putting in a swingset with monkey bars, sandlot in the backyard as well close ot where we plan on building our treehouse and my climbing rope. The goal would be to eventually have two ropes of different sizes so the wife and kid can climb if they want. Lots of planning and work ahead.

Breakfast- coffee, cottage cheese and yogurt
    Lunch- Salmon salad, carrots, grapes, blueberries
    Snack- Can of sardines and almonds
    Dinner- ????

Mary Pickford

Still feeling pretty good despite the back pain (right at the lower back/buttocks region). I came up with a new workout last night for pull-ups that are ridiculously awesome. start off by pulling yourself up with your chin over the bar now go in a clockwise motion twice. This is a circular motion that will take you from top to bottom and back up. Repeat 1-2 more times now at the top go counter clockwise for 2-3 reps and once you are back at the top knock out as many pull-ups with proper form as possible.

Going to take a break and get some rest today. Went on a 15 minute walk and hopefully will get one more in today if possible.

Mary Pickford

Still have the back pain and after I mowe the yard (desperately needs it) I am shutting it down for a few days. Might even call in sick tomorrow and work from home. Not sure what I did but I haven't had this kind of pain in years. i must have tweaked it somehow when I did lower abs.

Mary Pickford

Well its official another slipped disc in my lower back. YEAH!!! I will still not let this deter me from my training or goals I already set. With a few adjustments here and there I should be able to bypass this incidence like i have before. I know the biggest factors will be good quality rest, over the top nutrition and strengthing those little stabilizing muscles.

Mary Pickford

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast