Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenege- AppalachianMatt page 15

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i agree. I like doing slow negatives, holding at the top and bringing my legs up, stuff like that.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Went for a nice walk this afternoon to clear my head and get ready to finish up my late night. Feels refreshing to get outside, put the headphones on and get lost in my own little world as I try to make sense of life or whatever is bothering me.

I went ahead and started on the nutrition aspect of my 6 week program with a not so tasty can of sardines. I used ot eat them everyday but backed off but now can't get enough. I am going to eat at least 1 can of tuna, 1 can of sardines, have a natural smoothy with fruits and veggies, almond butter, ice and whatever else I can throw in. My goal is to hit 150g of protein a day for maximum results but it wopn't hurt my feelings if I don't. As much as I love to try and bulk up my main goal is just to get in great shape. Again the biggest thing for me is when I walk into a room and people take notice. Yesterday the lady who cuts my hair (she prefers to be called a stylist when there isn't much styling going on) asked me if I worked out. Now see thats what I am talking about. I don't workout as much as I should but it is still nice for someone outside of my wife to notice. Of course she could have been just saying whatever to get a better tip but I don't care.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Feeling pretty good today. About to go for a nice walk, listen to my iphone and get ready to tackle the rest of my day. I am back on track and loving this mentality. I just feel so positive and alive and I truly feel that nothing can knock me down. On another thread some guy named codeguy is getting the third degree and its killing me. I know the guy may not be exactly right but to discount his opinion b/c it doesn't fit into someone else's view makes no sense. While i don't prescribe to what he says or thinks he still puts up an interesting post here and there. I just get so tired of everyone thinking there an expert. If you have advice then throw it out there but don't be a douchebag about it.

Anyways...This morning I slept in and did some cleaning, knocked out 75 squats, 50 push variation push ups and 30 pull-ups. At the office I will go for a walk (15-20 minutes), sit on the medicine ball and focus on abs with some light bicep work and stretching. The next 6 weeks are going to be challenging but fun. Pictures will be posted tonight.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Just got back from a mind clearing walk of about 2 miles during my lunch and now eating some salmon with carrots, bell peppers, celery plus almond butter and a few grapes. My 6 week program is off to a great start and I look forward to my workouts tonight. I decided that waking up early is kind of pointless for someone like me. While I have been sleeping exceptionally well the past 1-2 weeks I have an issue with insomnia so why wake up early when I can just do it at home. Besides with my 11 month old seeing the wife and I continuously doing some form of exercise I am hoping he will just follow suit when he's able to. We see fitness as a way of life and while we're probably closer to the extreme side we enjoy it and the benefits it provides.

Tonight, I'm going full tilt with my workout focusing on variation push-ups and pull-ups. At work I will be doing some good stretching, squats in the office with some curls and triceps work. I have been reading these articles about how different people workout and I even wrtoe a post on this earlier but the way Jason Statham (Transporter) and Clay Matthews (LB for Green Bay) workout it seems like a perfect fit. Whle both have access to a myriad of equipment, trainers, etc I love the concept they use. Go hard on every rep and leave nothing behind. This fits my personality to a T. Mothing will left behind in anything I do.

Enjoy your day and picture yourself as you want to be then do whats necessary to get there. It's not hard once you take out the words no or can't.

Mary Pickford

Been awhile since my last post but here it goes. (The Rambling shall commence...now) The past few months have been exceptional. I truly feel like I have control over this lifestyle and do my best to spread the word without being overbearing. I try my best to tell folks that we make our own choices and have to live with the consequences no matter what they may be. Well I started my Parkour training, mostly just doing stuff around the house and in the backyard to get more comfortable. I have gotten pretty decent at running up a specific tree in my backyard and grabbing a high branch to do pull-ups or just to do a quick climb. Amazing how somethign so simple could work so well.

Over my MDA break I built a swingset for my son with the help of my neighbor and the wifey and I use it to work out as well; pull-ups, reverse push ups, hangs, muscle ups (more an attempt than anything else at this point). My son loves it and he's started to emulate our actions which was our original goal all along. He is up to three pull-ups without assistance 9not bad for 16 months) and has basically started sprinting. I also use his speed as a tool to workout.

Well little man is up and time to play before we eat.

Mary Pickford

Back in the fray again. I will do my best to post when I get the chance but with a 16 month old time is always around. I think i have finally hit my bottom weight. i have been eating fish 3-4 times per week and just started to eat more chicken. I am about 170-173 lbs but I need ot add just a little more weight to be where i want. The goal is 180 possibly 185.

Since joining I have changed my workout and the way I eat. i have seen great results and my physical fitness now rivals myself almost 9 yrs agho when i enlisted.

I have completely stopped going to the gym, started working out/climbing my trees and using my son as a 20 lb weight when we play. i have started to do some more parkour type movements such as running up my tree in the backyard. There is a branch thats probably a good ten feet in the air and run up the side of it and grab. Once i get a good hold then either 10 pull-ups or I try to swing myself over to the next branch. Silly yet what an amazing workout. Variety is the key. For eaxmple, this afternoon a trip to the park is in order. I never really liked the park until I realized all the things I can do pull-ups, flips, hangs, etc on. It is a beautiful place to just relax and be a kid as well. The monkey bars are great for pull-ups, the ability to go back and forth using the frame, the slide has a great pole thats about 10-12 feet for climb

Food for the day so far:
    4 scrambled eggs with 3 slices of turkey bacon on a blueberry bagel with cheese.
    Snack. 1/2 peach/ 1/2 plum
    Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with steamed sweet potatoes and beets.
    Afternoon snack, sardines
    Dinner: Turkey burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, blue cheese, whatever other condiments with a side of cauliflower and asparagus.

We're really trying our best to commit to eating as healthy as possible along with a solid workout plan. We have a family beach trip again this summer and the wife and i are wanting to impress everyone else.

Tomorrow's workout:

Mary Pickford

Hello all. I am back and ready to retake the MDA challenge. Over the past year my body has seen a remarkable transformation and I continue t see great results. My perspective has shifted from I must be 185 lbs, with such and such body fat percentage to being all around healthy and agile. I have lost a total of 35 lbs since last Feburary and for a while I felt it was too much. Not the low carb thing but my weight hadn't been this low since Freshman or Sophomore year of HS. While some may think thats awesome I had a very hard time accepting this considering i have fluctuated between 190-205 for over 5 years. Now I am between 165-170 with a new goal of 175-178 as a max.

Todays workout: 5 sets of 45 second jump rope intervals
    3 sets of 15 yd walking push-ups
    4 sets of 20 yd sprints (down and back is 1 set)
    3 sets of 10, 8, 6 pull-ups

Didn't have much time today but it will put a hurting on you. Hopefully I'll get to climb some trees today if the rain holds off.

Always remember we have a choice in how we feel, look and act. If we chose to sit on our ass all day and eat crap then don't expect to look like Arnold but if we take control of our own lives and be responsible to ourselves then it is only ourselves who can hold us back.

Mary Pickford

Coconut oil. Who would've thunk it? That stuff is awesome!!!

Mary Pickford

150 push-ps
    200 sit-ups
    75 pull ups
    130 lunges/squats.

5-6 days a week along with the occasional ruck march carrying a minimum of 55 lbs.

Going to a gym seems outdated to me now. I know some people need it but after not going for so long and focusing on what my body can do i have not only improved functional strength but also flexibility, agility, speed, etc. I haven't been this fit since HS and thats almost 15 yrs ago. Gotta love it.

Mary Pickford

PrimalCon New York
    Started the day off good with 4 eggs, 2 strips of bacon and some fruit to go along with my coffee. B/c my schedule varies so much I have to incorporate working out with my daily routine. Luckily I can shut my door and knock out some push-ups, squats and abs throughout the day. I am working my way back into shape so for the next 2 weeks I plan on increasing my numbers each day but again this is more about just getting back into the groove and building some momentum instead of going balls out from day one.

Last night my son who is 2 and a half saw me doing squats and he walks over and starts doing them right beside me. He tried to do push-ups and almost knocked out one. He can do a few pull-ups (2-3) but my favorite workout is throwing him in the air and catching him. Who needs a gym when you have a 2 year old. I love the fact he does this and hopefully it will instill in him that being phyically active is very important. I'm pretty sure he understands it but if we can ingrain it

Goal for today: 100 push-ups, 100 crunches, 100 squats. When I get home 50 pull-ups and goofing off with my son.

Dinner last night: large piece of chicken, steamed beets, carrots, sweet potato and a touch of pasta.

Lunch- leftover chicken, carrots, some beets, bell pepper and some blueberries.

Mary Pickford

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast