Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenege- AppalachianMatt page 13

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianMatt View Post
    What a random post.
    But a great one. I like your explanation to your coworkers.
    +10 for not saying anything about cavemen or evolution.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    When that comes up people look at me like I'm the crazy one. Grok, as much as well love him, should probably stay out of the conversation in the beginning and be introduced later if you want people to take you seriously.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Didn't sleep much last night but still feel pretty good. It's going to be a long day with me giving blood during lunch and how much stuff I have to finish up. Didn't work out this morning but plan on knocking out some push-ups/squats before I give and will rest up tonight.

Tomorrow me and Little man going for a nice walk and watch some foosball. Can't wait till next week when he goes to his first game.

This weekend I am experimenting, possibly tonight, with a few Primal recipes. Our new focus is to combat stress and live in the moment.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Just gave blood and plan on taking things easy for the rest of the day with a decent workout planned for tomorrow morning. Sunday will be a pretty tough workout as I will combine a few sprints with the playground equipment I'll use to see if I can do some actual muscle-ups. i never realized how awkward they are at first but anything worth doing is never easy (unless its the PB). I have really put a focus on gaining more lean muscle and to relieve stress.

This may sound weird but after my last dentist appt they mentioned my jaw on the left side had created more bone due to my grinding/chewing at night. Apparently thats when my stress comes out but when I took a gander last night I couldn't believe how much it had actually grown. I didn't even know it would do that but this is another indication that I need to up the training to deal with stress levels better.

Mary Pickford

Had a pretty relaxing weekend with the son. Wife worked Saturday and played in a golf tournament on Sunday so me and little man took full advantage and made a weekend out of it. It sucked with the wifey working but what are you gonna do? I got in a pretty intense workout session yesterday focusing onbodyweight exercises as well some band work.

Dinner last night- Chicken fried in EVOO with aspargaus and steamed Sweet potatoes.

B'fast- I guess we'll call that IF but not by choice. (Slept in)
    Lunch- fast food -I know but didn't have a chance ot make lunch today
    Snack- Can of tuna
    Dinner- Tilapia with Broccolli, cauliflower

Tonight after the wife gets home I am hitting the heavy bag for a good workout followed by functional abs. I refuse to do situps again considering they are pointless and kill my neck. Goal is to gain 10 lbs by Nov 20 for the Florida game. My tiny little school in the beautiful mountains of NC make their way to Gainesville to take on the overrated Florida Gators. Now do i think we'll win? I don't know and all indications would say that we have no shot but Florida hasn't played that great, we beat a better Michigan team at the Big House, and our team has looked amazing thus far. This will be more about the experience than anything else as we try our best to make the best of any situaiton.

Also just received my copy of We're working out by one of the PB'ers Al Kavado (sorry if I misspell your name). I am really trying ot focus on the positives in life and take more of a Zen approach to not only fitness but the way I see the world around me. I had so many depressing conversations with people over politics, education, etc this past weekend and while I tried ot have them focus on the positives it was no use. I know people will do their best to fulfill their own self destruction but I for one am doing everything in my power to take control over my emotions, actions and responsibilities. My wife and I are planning on taking classes for gardening, more survival training (8 yrs in the Army where I received top notch training but there were a few areas they didn't really go over), construction, etc in order to become more self suffcient. This isn't b/c I feel the world is coming to an end but moreso to become less relaint on others for the basic survival needs. We want to pass these on to our kids so they too can feel confident in their abilities.

Mary Pickford

Live life as if you could care less.

Mary Pickford

Random post:
    What an amazing day it has been already. This morning me and Little man did a Primal workout outside and I swear I think we have created the next evolution of Grok. My son is a shade over ten months old but can already do a pull-up, walks around (almost running). We did some Grok crawls, lunges (he was in his front carrier for this), During the push-ups he would walk up to me and push me down as I descended. He was cackling up a storm while I was sweating my ass off. Our biggest thing is ensuring he sees fitness as a way of life not just somehting you do at a gym for an hour 3 times per week. We've instituted a minimum of 2-3 hours per day of play time with music playing in the background. Every night our goal is for him to pass out from being tired which has worked great so far. I just don't see the point in plopping your kid in front of the tv then vegging out for 4-5 hours watching some mind numbing crap.

I have been reading Al's book and despite a little different view on things it pretty enjoyable. I see and understand his point of view and have started ot incorporate his version of Eastern Philosophy into my training and life. I have reached a point where I don't concern myself with the little things. Like Grok my mind is set on being happy, enjoying life and squeezing every last second out of it. From my time in the Army and through the various wars I have been witness too I realized that we make our own destiny. We decide how what mindset we have and no matter what life may through at you it's your decision on how you deal with it. I have chosen a path (Am I channeling David Carradine now?) where I will not allow others to bring me down but more importantly not let myself hold me back. My goal in life now is not to reach a certain income level or own a house this big or with this many amenities but to live a good life. I don't really care if anyone remembers me when I pass but I do want my family to look back and say he lived a good life. He stepped out and actually helped people who needed it instead of just being a selfish prick (I'm a bit of an asshole occasionally).

Just feeling super positive right now. I hope whoever reads this if anyone actually does to remember theres always someone out there whose worse off then you are and thats its your choice how you handle it. We can mope all day feeling depressed and alone or we can get off our asses and do something to remedy the situation.

Mary Pickford

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianMatt View Post
    I hope whoever reads this if anyone actually does...
    not much to say, but wanted to let you know I follow your journal. The way you incorporate the PB laws into your life is inspiring and your family sounds wonderful. Grok on brutha!

Why thank you much. I'm just a good ol' Southern man who wants to help other as much as possible. Oh and sorry about the randomness of my posts. My brain works at about 1000 mph and my typing doesn't always keep the pace.

Mary Pickford

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    I like the randomness of your posts, Matt. It gives us an idea of who you really are. I especially liked the part about and you and the little man working out together and what you're teaching him!

A+ Daddy Award
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast