Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: Primal Challenege- AppalachianMatt

Threaded View

Lilburn, GA

Primal Challenege- AppalachianMatt

I really started to change my diet when I first became enamored with this site about 4 weeks ago. I finally found something I could get passionate about b/c it just made sense. I have trained in all types of environments from Basic Training at Ft. Benning to the deserts of Iraq to the running the trails at Yosemite. I have always been in really good shape but just never ate correctly. That all stopped when I injured my back in Iraq, was diagnosed with PTSD, and Fibromyalgia. I've trained hard to get to where I am today and the most dramatic results have been seen in the last four weeks thanks to the PB.

(4 weeks ago) 6 ft tall and weighing in at 195 lbs. Healthy sized guy who works out a decent amount. I've had pretty bad back issues but with this they have started to subside. Not completely but starting to.

(Now) 4 weeks of tinkering I am right at 183 lbs and my six pack is slowly showing. With this new challenge I expect nothing less then a solid 6 pack and when i visit my doc for the annual check-up I want him to be amazed at my blood work.

With today being the first I thought it's be perfect to begin a challenge where I completely devote myself to the Primal Challenge. I already know I will bend a few rules here with alcohol (moderation of course) but other then that the straight and narrow path pour moi. But the main goal for myself is to really alleviate this back and neck issue to the point where it doesn't really bother me at all.

Now they are some other reasons for this challenge like wanting to have my 6 pack back, look good at the beach this summer but most importantly to become healthier and happier. I am going to achieve this by concentrating on nutrition and working out 4-5 times per week with 1 dedicated day for abs and swimming. I want my 5 month old son to grow up in a house where activity is king not the tv or video games. I want him to reach his potential mentally and physically but before I can teach him I must first learn how to. My wife is a P.A. who just graduated from Emory so I have been devouring her nutrition books trying to learn everythign I can.

Menu today:
    B: 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ organic yogurt.
    S: 1/2 Bell Pepper, 4 baby carrots, celery stalk with sunflower seed butter
    L: Big Romaine salad w/ chopped mushrooms, tuna, sweet chard, almonds
    s: Protein shake with strawberries, carrots, a little bit of celery
    D: Tilapia (broiled) w/ broccoli and grilled mushrroms in coconut oil
    Last edited by AppalachianMatt; 04-01-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: My typing sucks