Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenege- AppalachianMatt page 11

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 3 of 6 week program: Just continuing to bust mass at work and at home. I hit the boxflex a little this morning but couldn't really focus sinc eI was watching little man.I'll go home tonight and rest a little more tonight then hit the Bowflex bright and early tomorrow morning for a good 20 minute session followed by 10 minutes on the heavy bag. I took a few pics last night for some comapre and contrast and should be able ot post thsoe tomorrow.
    Also just got back from a 15 minute walk around the complex. Looking forward to doing that on a more consistent basis bt of course that depends if I am employed or not. I already started planning for what to do if I get laid off so the possibilities are endless. In a sense I am terrified b/c of having no insurance for a few months until the wife's kicks in but this place id dragging me down.

Food: 3 scrambled eggs with 2 strips of bacon
    Big ass salad with 1/2 red bell pepper, can of tuna, almonds, grapes, blueberries, carrots and a few straberries. I still use regular dressing but I just downloaded this article with 1000 different vinagrette recipes and with being as cheap as I am this will save me a few bucks here and there. Not to mention it'll be far healthier than anything bought at a store.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Looks like Friday could very well be my farewell day here at the office which is fine. A little depressing but nothing that a few good workouts won't take care of. I am actually looking forward to the opportunity of finding out what I really want to do and the next few weeks will help me get there.

Exercises done today at the office: 50 push-ups
    Sat on the Medicine Ball or whatever you call those things for about 2 hours today.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    No need to get depressed...... you are meant for bigger and greater things and will soon be freed up to find them!

Thanks Tawfunguy. I understand that and I see this as more of an opportunity to do more things instead of getting down in the dumps. What sucks is putting so much time and effort into somehting and it not panning out. But i also see this as a chance to hang out and spend some quality time with my son, I can get the house like I want it (organized) so I will be productive not too mention this will give me more time on reaching my goals for this 6 week program I am doing.

Woke up this morning and got a good solid workout on the bowflex. I did some squats outside (bodyweight) afterwards as well as some pull-ups. Good way to start the day. I think I will alter my routine agian by only doing one day Bowflex during the week and the rest focusing on bodyweight.

General plan for working out (No particular order)
    1 day lifting heavier with the Bowflex for 20 minutes
    1 day Yoga/Stretching
    The rest of the week will be focused on bodyweight exercises with 1 day going for complete failure. These workouts will last no longer than 30 minutes
    Push-ups, Pull-ups, Squats, Planks, Lunges, Climbing rope or trees, Up/downs, bear crawls, crab walks, etc. The goal is to be diverse as possible with my workouts in order to never get bored and always confuse the muscles.

1 day of Tabata (sp?) sprints combined with lunges, Indian sprints (this si where you run at a decent pace for about 30 seconds then an all out sprint for 20 seconds back to the decnt pace again. Repeat as desired. These were my favorites in the Army. i can run distance but I am more of a sprinter so this gets a good cardio workout and shocks the system.

During the last 2 weeks of this program I will be doing 1-2 days of select P90x workouts (As much as I paid for that I might as well). I wanted ot jump in and start those agian but with my back I need to really build a solid foundation before I start that up again. After the 6 week program I will do P90x at least 3 times per week while keeping up with the sprints.

Gonna be a great freaking Day.

Mary Pickford

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Way to stay motivated!

Man I feel good today. Got a plan and doing my best to focus on the positives of life and diminish the negatives. After work last night I did some serious soul searching and tried to put things in perspective. With the possibility of being let go I figure I have all the itme in the world right now to think and prepare for whatever comes next. As a former military man I try my best to to a look from the outside in to get a better perspective of whats really going on instead of just wallowing in my fears and troubles. Then I get a phone call from someone I hadn't spoken with in nearly 5 years. A good bud of mine who I served with in Iraq called and it was like we never missed a beat.

He told me a few things that had been running through his mind and I realized that we both share a lot of the same worries, fears and doubts. He, too, has been dealing with issues like myself in regards to coming to terms with what we had to do overseas which felt great not to be the lone man on the island. I hated Wilson and would have kicked his ass into the ocean way before Tom did. The conversation only lasted about 30 minutes but it opened my eyes again onyl to see that things are never as bad as they appear. I know that tomorrow very well maybe my last day at the office or I may be able to extend that time period for a few more weeks but the important thing to remember is that no matter what I have a world of possibilities at my finger tips. all those things for years I wanted to do are now right in front of me and it's up to me to either take the bull by the horns or let it pass me by once agian. I didn't mean for this entry to become a rant but we all need these on occasion.

I also understand I am in a better situation than a lot of AMericans at the moment b/c I set myself and my family up to be able to handle something like this. We made wise investments, dropped the emphasis on material things by stopping our competition with the Jones' and focus on what matters most which will always be family first. So many people get tied up with bullshit things that they forget how good they really have it. I've seen mothers holding their dead son's b/c some animal decided a bomb going off beside a school bus would get attention and possibly kill a few Americans. no more nonsense and I am going to make every effort to squeeze every second out of each day to maximize my time here.

Mary Pickford

I can't believe I am actually writing this but my wife had a surprise when I got home yesterday. She called and said she had a "Gift" waiting on me. Of course being a guy I had only one thing on my mind and I couldn't drive fast enough to get home. Well she certainly surprised me when she pulled out the ShakeWeight. Yes my wife bought a shake weight and I absolutely felt emasculated upon seeing it. Of course me being ther good husband I smiled and said thanks baby. This is where it gets a little odd, the damn thing actually works. Of course I will never show bring it up in a discussion with my friends but it actually does work.

i felt so foolish when I first started using it but after about 30 seconds it was killing me. Once you get past the mental picture of what it looks like and what it looks like you're doing (not sure why they put the women's version out first for that very reason) it freaking works. Amazing so. My arms are actually feel amazing and when you break down the concept it makes sense but it is hard ot get past your initial reaction. Wow. I can't believe I am typing thi sbut agin it really does work and the workout is pretty awesome. Will this become a substitute for my routines? Not a chance but this is a good tool to utilize if you don't have much time or you want to kill it at the end of a workout. Don't judge me folks (thats looking at you Darth).

Mary Pickford

Feeling really good this morning and riding high after this weekend. I posted about this earlier but I finally feel like I have found my niche, my groove. It seems through all the turbulence that has recently hit that things are that much clearer and life is only as bad as you make it. I think I understand more now then after all the years of self-help books, therapy for PTSD, etc. I am in control and now I realize that no one outside of myself can control what my future holds. If you prepare and put yourself in a good spot then good things happen. To sit back and wait for that one moment is foolish and a waste of time. The world is there for the taking and I plan on taking it all. I know it sounds like a cheesy quote but this is truly how I feel. I'm tired of people always trying to bring you down b/c their life sucks. Well there life sucks b/c of the choices they've made and the fact that they allow themselves to continue that state of mind.

I said last week I was going to start my 6 week but it actually started yesterday. With the flight to and from Dallas this wekend I haven't been able to really eat well or workout on a regular basis but that changed last night. I put out a challenge to bcbcbc2 that you don't need weights to put on mass and I am determined ot prove him wrong. I'm posting pics tonight to show my starting point and then again when its over.

Mary Pickford

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Not cheesy...

My grandma used to tell me all the time to surround myself with positive people to retain a positive frame of mind. Positive frame of mind = positive things will happen. Sounds like you have this down!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Just4Me but it took me 31 yrs to realize that we make our own destiny and if we let life pass us by we will have nothing but regrets. I refuse to be that way any longer. This in infectious and I wish everyone could feel the way I do now. When I returned from Iraq it took me years to get over the things I did to survive but now I am finally back in control. It's an amazing feeling and reagrdless of how cheesy it is I don't care. I'm happy, confident and ready to take on the world.

Mary Pickford

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast