Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenege- AppalachianMatt page 10

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Everything is going pretty well for a Monday but I am dog tired right now. We went to bed at a decent time but still feel a bit shitty. Gonna take it easy and hang with little man after work. We're thinking of making aPrimal video in the next 2-3 weeks of our workout routine to see if anyone might have some advice or tips for us. The wife took some pictures the other day and damn if she didn't look awesome. I hate being a 31 yr who still uses the word awesome but I'll get over it. I knew she was in shape but damn.

I'd like to take a few pics for a comparison sake but not right now. My 6 week program has been thrown out the window with my sinus infection so hopefully I'll get over this pretty quickly and restart that program. My friend came over to give a massage and she kept talking about how skinny we got and how she wanted ot give us a talk about eating enough. This friend is a great person but she is the last person that needs ot tell anyone about weightloss or being healthy. She is 3 times the size of me and hasn't performed any physical activity in at least 10 years. Now thats a little embelishment and I know she means well but come on. I know we didn't eat enough for a few weeks but we learned and now we have a better understanding of how much we should eat, what to eat, etc. I am shooting for 185-190 lbs by late Sept, early Oct but again thats not my top priority. That would be getting my back strong enough so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

This was such a random ass posting. Still out of it but will have a sense that actually makes sense soon.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Having a solid morning. My backpain is all but gone at this point but still plan on takintg it easy for another day or tow. I did an easy workout this morning to get the heart rate up and break a little sweat.

20 pull-ups
    50 push-ups
    40 squats
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I'd whole heartedly recommend acupuncture for back pain. Been there, got rid of that.

I've been thinking about trying that out but not sure how much happy endings are.

Mary Pickford

Decided to stop commenting on people's threads when it comes to religion or politics. I have learned no matter what most people are about as intelligent and informed as our current congressional members which is scary. It always amazing me that people just take what they hear as the truth without ever investigating or even asking questions. It seems pretty obvious that every pundit/politician is nothing more than a publicity whore that will do whatever it takes to stay elected. I have fought for a country so blinded by bullshit and the latest fad it saddens me. We've lost what makes us great and people can't even get off their fat asses enough to realize it and make the necessary changes. it matters not since I am going to just concentrate on bettering myself and hitting my goals. Life is too short to deal with idiots despite how fun it can be.

Got a lot of work done this morning on the house and emphasized functional movements. I will go for a nice, long walk for lunch this afternoon and knock out some push-ups, curls, tri's and tonight do some pull-ups. My motivation is dying right now but at least ym back is almost back to normal now.

Mary Pickford

Feeling much better today and after much thought and consideration I have decided that while I am having great results I need ot start eating grains again. I was already in pretty decent shape and when I cut out all grains I dropped 20 lbs. For most people that would be pretty sweet but I am only 6 foot and now weigh 175 lbs. Thats awesome I hit my high school weight but I have ot start eating more and more b/c I feel too skinny and am tired of people telling me I look too thin. normally i would brush it off but these are people I have known for years and I know they're not just saying it to say it.

So starting back on grains, probably 30-40% of what I used to eat but i have to add some more weight on. I feel less energized and lethargic since cutting back to drastically on carbs. My new goal is 125-175 carbs per day, about 150g of protein adn for fat I am just going to start eating more things like Almonds, avocados in my salads, etc.

Mary Pickford

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your update and I definitely understand the carbs issue. You will find many of the people around you when they see the drastic change in weight in you or even other people, they say they look "sickly" and such which is truly not the case. We as American's are used to an obese/unhealthy way of living.... so having those "few extra pounds" is considered the norm now. When you satrt to get, look and be healthy it registers to them differently.... hence their comments.

Keep up the good work and hope it all works out for you!

Tawfunguy: Thanks for the reply. I don't think its necessarily they think I look sickly but the wife and I have both dropped below what we feel is our premium. We both played college sports; she played basketball at a D-1 school and I played football at a D-1AA school before enlisting in the Army so we're used to being slightly heavier or better yet more muscular. I think the problem is also I have stopped lifting weights at the gym and am solely relying on body weight.

After thinking about adding more grains I think I will cut that back down to about 15% of what I used to it which still isn't very much. I just need to eat more veggies but more importantly eat more often. With my job I am always busy and on my feet so I do forget to eat at times which may be good for some but due to the calorie/carb restriction of this lifestyle I need more. Starting today I am getting back on the horse and kicking off my 6 week program. My goal is to add 10 lbs of lean muscle mass in that time frame by focusing on nutrition, functional workouts with some weights, good sleep, play and loads of hardwork.

Mary Pickford

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianMatt View Post
    I've been thinking about trying that out but not sure how much happy endings are.
    That's a massage parlor.

And $200.

Feeling good today and the 6 week program that started yesterday. I know last week I posted I would start it then but got some rough news at work which may make Friday my last day unless I have some ridiculous luck. At the moment it looks like that luck will come through but in this business you never know. Not too bad of a thing, I of course want to stay but this is a business decision and I know that this isn't the job I will retire from. This gives me an opportunity to go after my Masters and really find out what it actually is I want to do. I have some ideas swimming in my head but nothing for certain I could hang my hat on.

Woke up a little early this morning and played with little man. I got a pretty decent back workout with the pull-up bar and did some squats. For lunch I had leftover Salmon with a tonf of veggies and fruit. Going to eat a few almonds ot get the fat content a little higher. Tomorrow I am hitting up the Bowflex and doing a muscle failure routine followed by stretching and lunges in the backyard. Thinking about doing the Gork crawl as well but all depends on the weather.

Mary Pickford

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast