Thread: I Have Arrived page

merryish is offline Senior Member

I Have Arrived

Primal Fuel
    I'm 7 months into the primal lifestyle, but only last night did I feel like an old hand at this thing...

...when I found myself standing in front of shelves of oil at Whole Foods, lecturing a new primal/paleo couple on the joys of coconut oil as they contemplated trying it for the first time.

(In my defense, they were contemplating it very loudly and at great length, and they were standing between me and my avocado oil!)

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merryish View Post
    I'm 7 months into the primal lifestyle, but only last night did I feel like an old hand at this thing...

...when I found myself standing in front of shelves of oil at Whole Foods, lecturing a new primal/paleo couple on the joys of coconut oil as they contemplated trying it for the first time.

(In my defense, they were contemplating it very loudly and at great length, and they were standing between me and my avocado oil!)
    Awesome!

By the way... I see you're in Boston. Me, too! Which WholeFoods do you shop at? I only ask because the one near me is a clusterfuck and the cashiers tend to be slow. :\
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Hi, MissJecka! Cool to see a fellow Bostonite on the boards.

I go to the WF in Medford. It's a bit of a drive, since I'm actually in Melrose, but worth it for the grassfed beef and pastured eggs.

When I'm in a REALLY clean mood I drive out to Tendercrop Farms. I'm not thrilled with their veggies and fruits, but the meats, milk, and eggs are plentiful and awesome.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Whoop, whoop!

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merryish View Post
    Hi, MissJecka! Cool to see a fellow Bostonite on the boards.

I go to the WF in Medford. It's a bit of a drive, since I'm actually in Melrose, but worth it for the grassfed beef and pastured eggs.

When I'm in a REALLY clean mood I drive out to Tendercrop Farms. I'm not thrilled with their veggies and fruits, but the meats, milk, and eggs are plentiful and awesome.
    Ah, I'm in the city proper so I go to the one in Brighton/Allston/whatever-it-is. I have a CSA through Stillman's Farms, who has some meat/eggs/etc. but I am on the waiting list for that stuff. Until I get on the list, I just buy regular grass-fed from Shaws/Star Market or Costco.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!