Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IBD: Ulcerative Colitis page 3

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    This does not mean these foods are a problem for everyone. I have consumed soy all my life. I eat grains all the time. I love Mexican food, especially beans. I also eat a variety of fibrous foods, seeds, meats, etc. And I have been extremely healthy nearly my entire life.
    Ok, good for you. But the thread is talking about digestive problems. I was one of those people with digestive issues throughout my adult life and cutting grains fixed that, so I gave that suggestion. And many of us don't know if we have problems with a food until we cut it out of our diets (since the testing is not exact - and many doctors won't even test but will tell you it's "stress" or give you a pill) so I was giving it as a suggestion. I think it's worth trying for someone who has digestive issues they can't seem to fix.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
    Ok, good for you. But the thread is talking about digestive problems. I was one of those people with digestive issues throughout my adult life and cutting grains fixed that, so I gave that suggestion. And many of us don't know if we have problems with a food until we cut it out of our diets (since the testing is not exact - and many doctors won't even test but will tell you it's "stress" or give you a pill) so I was giving it as a suggestion. I think it's worth trying for someone who has digestive issues they can't seem to fix.
    I think you missed the point. Even if someone has digestive issues this does not automatically make these foods bad for them. Again, everyone is different. Just like everyone cannot eat the same foods, what worked for you will not work for everyone else.

So it is not the food that is the problem, it is whether or not that particular individual has some type of sensitivity to that particular food.

liza is offline Senior Member
    Its really simple. If you see my name at the top of a post then don't read it or respond to it. Oops, there I go again explaining simple concepts to you. I guess this means you will be responding with even more insults.
    Oops, simple concepts; you order, because of the expertise that you have told all of us about that you have - all posters here must bow, to you, the king.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, ShannonCC, how dare you suggest something that helped you personally! Next time, remember to run your responses by the king before posting! Maybe it can save him from having to always explain these simple concepts to us!

I think you missed the point. Even if someone has digestive issues this does not automatically make these foods bad for them. Again, everyone is different. Just like everyone cannot eat the same foods, what worked for you will not work for everyone else.

So it is not the food that is the problem, it is whether or not that particular individual has some type of sensitivity to that particular food.
    I know what works for me won't work for everyone else. Are you saying we shouldn't give suggestions? What's the point of the forum then?

And yes, some people have a sensitivity, do you have a cure for that sensitivity? If you do, please market it. Until then, cutting the food out of the diet is the easiest, cheapest, quickest way to fix things and that's what I'm suggesting. Not ordering, not saying everyone should do it, but saying it worked for me and I think it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Yeah, ShannonCC, how dare you suggest something that helped you personally! Next time, remember to run your responses by the king before posting! Maybe it can save him from having to always explain these simple concepts to us!
    LOL! Yeah, I think I'm walking away (and maybe hitting the "hide" button )

Grizz is offline Banned
    FYI,

I just popped in as a public service. Y'all are being aggravated by a professional TROLL that was thrown out of 2 discussion groups, and he destroyed the Iodine Group here at MDA. Put JamesS on "Ignore" or he will succeed in destroying this thread, too.

He is also creating fights & dissent on on the other threads he is visiting. He is not a "King," he is just a slick Professional TROLL.

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Yeah, ShannonCC, how dare you suggest something that helped you personally!
    There are people out there that will tell you that cocaine helped them. So I guess by your reasoning cocaine must also be great for everyone.

No wonder you keep responding with insults. You clearly have nothing substantial to respond with. Funny though how you and you new buddy keep referring to me as the king while both of you keep trying to control what can and cannot be said here just like rulers. So which of you are the true king and which is the queen?

I know what works for me won't work for everyone else. Are you saying we shouldn't give suggestions?
    No, I never said or implied that. This is just one of those excuses people try to use when they have nothing substantial with so they try to find some way to discredit the person rather than addressing the actual topic.

What's the point of the forum then?
    Tell me. You are the one that seems to think that only people that agree with you should have a voice here.

And yes, some people have a sensitivity, do you have a cure for that sensitivity? If you do, please market it.
    I don't need to market it, I already posted several times tips on how to get rid of sensitivities. But some people are so eager to fight that they only read enough to find something to attack on rather than read the answers already given

Until then, cutting the food out of the diet is the easiest, cheapest, quickest way to fix things and that's what I'm suggesting. Not ordering, not saying everyone should do it, but saying it worked for me and I think it's worth a try.
    So you fixed your problem? Or did you just mask the symptoms? If you fixed the problem then you should be able to eat those foods without a reaction. So again, did you actually fix the problem or just mask it?

LOL! Yeah, I think I'm walking away (and maybe hitting the "hide" button )
    Yes, you keep saying that but you keep coming back every chance you get not to present evidence, but rather to attack me every chance you get. So I have no doubt you will keep replying to my posts rather than ignore them. You clearly are a very unhappy person who feels that if you are unhappy that others should be as well. As the saying goes "misery loves company". This is why you keep responding with insults instead of contributing to the discussion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast