Thread: 45 year old pre menopausal... page

Lollipop is offline Junior Member

45 year old pre menopausal...

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I'm starting out with intermittant fasting 2/5 and have been rummaging around the Internet looking for information. Prompted because I saw the Horizon documentary and thought it very interesting.

A few basics about me:- age 45, height 5'4" weight, 59 kg (sorry to mix metric with imperial but I live in France and my scales don't do llbs), I've lost 2 kgs so far. I have three children and last year ran regularly including a semi marathon and several other races. After a nasty injury this February (fractured femur) I was forced to take a break from running which was horrible. This last month I've been getting back on track but not so regular as before.

I'm hoping to lose another 5 kg - it would benefit my running - also I'd look better :-)

Any advice on what to eat on fast days? (I have between 4-500 calories).

Thanks everyone

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    It's probably as well to bear in mind that the practice is said to work relatively well for most men but to be counter-productive for quite large numbers of women. The figures I heard were works for about 90% of men and about 25% of women. I can't remember where the figures came from, unfortunately, and whether they come from anything like a properly controlled experiment or whether it's just "this is something like what we find".

59 kg would be about 130lbs, so within the normal range for BMI:

Normal Weight Information

That's a relatively crude measure, of course, and I guess it's possible one could be within the correct range and still have a little too much visceral fat. But then if you do, the kind of exercise you enjoy unfortunately would work against you:

Dear Mark: Chronic Cardio | Mark's Daily Apple

I think most people who have a fast-day don't eat on that day, and just eat more on other days. But there could be people eating 4 to 500 calories on on what are nominally "fast" days. I don't know whether there'd be any advantage to that, and what was shown on Horizon. You could search across this site by putting this term into google:

intermittent fasting site:.marksdailyapple.com