Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Ketosis in the land of year-round fruit page 3

Quies is offline Senior Member
    A little late posting yesterday's food...

Breakfast - 26/3/2
    Macadamias - 26/3/2

Lunch - 33/16/15
    Spring Lettuce, Spinach and Arugula - 0/2/1
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Green Bell Pepper - 0/0/2
    Radishes - 0/0/1
    Black Olives - 3/0/1
    Mushroom - 0/1/1
    Onion - 0/0/2
    Pickles - 0/0/1
    Pine Nuts - 3/2/1
    Feta Cheese - 6/4/1
    Hard Boiled Egg - 5/6/1
    Dressing - 16/0/1

Dinner - 27/23/0
    Stew meat - 6/18/0
    Butter - 12/0/0
    Double Cream Brie - 9/5/0

Snacks - 0/0/0

Total for today - 86/42/17

Managed to stay within limits again, I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Went out to feed the animals yesterday to find out that raccoons had dug under the wire enclosure for my chickens and had made off with two of them overnight. Stopped by the store on the way to work and grabbed a nice shed with windows and a skylight. Got home around 7:30 and spent the next five hours or so assembling the thing with my dad. Good thing we did too, about halfway through I heard a commotion coming from the chickens' pen and ran over to it. Didn't see what had them freaked out but I stuck the chickens in a carrier and kept them close to us until it was done. They seem content with their new shelter.

Finally got inside exhausted, hungry, and my computer wasn't working so I got some of the beef, with accompanying broth, that I'd had in the slow cooker all day, added some butter and grabbed some brie and called it dinner.

Computer is up now, the UPS just overloaded so it was a simple fix.

Paleobird Guest
    Darn those raccoons. They are crafty buggers.

A question about the cheese filled meatballs. Do you fry them in a pan or bake them like meatloaf?

I fried them in a pan but I am considering baking next time. They were a little difficult trying to get them to cook evenly in the pan and moving them around increased the chances of the cheese breaking through the burger.

Breakfast - 14/11/1
    Double Cream Brie - 9/5/0
    Hard Boiled Egg - 5/6/1

Lunch - 45/15/9
    Almonds - 10/5/3
    Brazil Nuts - 10/2/1
    Cashews - 7/3/3
    Hazelnuts - 18/5/2

Dinner - 27/23/0
    Stew meat - 6/18/0
    Butter - 23/0/0

Snacks - 0/0/0

Total for today - 88/44/10

Third day straight keeping my numbers within the limits. While nuts seem to be fine for a snack from time to time, they did not sit that well in my stomach as a meal.

Hopefully I can get some high fat alternatives going soon, like fat bread. The options I have now make a pretty difficult to get lots of fat without lots of protein.

Breakfast - 20/13/1
    Fried Eggs - 14/13/1
    Butter - 6/0/0

Lunch - 3/13/5
    Cottage cheese - 3/13/5

Dinner - 55/21/2
    Stew meat - 6/18/0
    Butter - 23/0/0
    Macadamia nuts - 26/3/2

Snacks - 0/0/0

Total for today - 78/46/8

Just short on fat but otherwise okay. I really should have gone with my gut and put salad dressing on my cottage cheese but I didn't feel like fighting the bottle.

Trojan is offline Member
    Great journal....

I'm working on getting and staying in Ketosis myself. Looks like you're doing a great job with the numbers/food ratios. You're pretty fearless with the fat...something I need to do myself.

Cheers

Barbara
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Muscle weighs more than fat and scales are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Great journal....

I'm working on getting and staying in Ketosis myself. Looks like you're doing a great job with the numbers/food ratios. You're pretty fearless with the fat...something I need to do myself.

Cheers

Barbara
    Thank you.

Good luck with ketosis. It is difficult to figure things out at first but it gets easier as you start seeing what size portions are appropriate.

What kind of problems are you having with fat?

------------------------------------------------

Breakfast - 26/3/2
    Butter - 12/0/0

I actually had the last of the broth from when I cooked my beef but I don't know the nutritional value of it. Butter cools down the broth and adds body.

Lunch - 31/19/14
    Spring Lettuce, Spinach - 0/2/1
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Radishes - 0/0/1
    Black Olives - 3/0/1
    Mushroom - 0/1/1
    Onion - 0/0/2
    Pickles - 0/0/1
    Pine Nuts - 3/2/1
    Feta Cheese - 6/4/1
    Beef - 3/0/9
    Dressing - 16/0/1

Dinner - 27/23/0
    Raspberries - 0/0/2
    Cheddar Cheese - 9/7/0
    Double Cream Brie - 36/20/0

Snacks - 0/0/0

Total for today - 88/46/16

I don't plan on having that much cheese all at once very often but it was good and helped me get enough calories for the day.

I have everything I need to try making Fat Mini Muffins! If possible, I shall make the attempt tomorrow.

Trojan is offline Member
    Paleobird was nice enough to give me advice. My protein was/is too high but I've lowered it to 150/175 grams from 300 grams per day. Yep..my trainer had me on alot to build muscle, which I did. So now I need to reduce that to about 100/130grams per day. Regarding fat..it's still a fear of mine. It's silly really, considering ALL the books/articles/success stories I have read about increasing fat. I can't have dairy so....it's EVOO, Avocado, nuts(which I love too much) and Coconut parts/oil.

I get hungry and think protein automatically instead of fat. Good news is that I'm feeling leaner and increasing the fat slowly. I'll get there At least I have removed all sugar/protein powder/artificial crud which was a huge crutch.
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Muscle weighs more than fat and scales are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Paleobird was nice enough to give me advice. My protein was/is too high but I've lowered it to 150/175 grams from 300 grams per day. Yep..my trainer had me on alot to build muscle, which I did. So now I need to reduce that to about 100/130grams per day. Regarding fat..it's still a fear of mine. It's silly really, considering ALL the books/articles/success stories I have read about increasing fat. I can't have dairy so....it's EVOO, Avocado, nuts(which I love too much) and Coconut parts/oil.

I get hungry and think protein automatically instead of fat. Good news is that I'm feeling leaner and increasing the fat slowly. I'll get there At least I have removed all sugar/protein powder/artificial crud which was a huge crutch.
    I'm glad to know you are doing well with it. Good luck on getting your fat intake up.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Breakfast - 26/3/2
    Macadamias - 26/3/2

Lunch - 33/16/15
    Spring Lettuce, Spinach - 0/2/1
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Radishes - 0/0/1
    Black Olives - 3/0/1
    Mushroom - 0/1/1
    Onion - 0/0/2
    Pickles - 0/0/1
    Pine Nuts - 3/2/1
    Feta Cheese - 6/4/1
    Hard Boiled Egg - 5/6/1
    Dressing - 16/0/1

Dinner - 17/25/1
    Chicken Wings - 1/7/0
    Chicken Leg - 3/16/0
    FB Mini Muffin - 6/2/1
    Mascarpone Cheese - 6/0/0

Snacks - 0/0/0

Total for today - 76+/44/17

I know I had more fat than Sparkpeople says. I grabbed a rotisserie chicken at the store today. I checked the label and it did have corn flour, corn starch, and sugar in the seasoning but I picked the chicken with the least amount of seasoning on it. At home I disassembled the chicken, one leg, both wings, and all the skin from the chicken went on my plate, the meat went into one bag, and the rest of the carcass went into another to be turned into broth this weekend. I'm pretty sure all that chicken skin would put me well over 76g fat for the day.

I tried the fat bread mini muffins today. They taste like a slightly nutty bread. I still plan on eating it to help keep my fat high but I have an aversion to bread which will make that a bit more difficult.

105_0232.JPG 105_0233.JPG

I need to make sure I eat more calories. I have started losing weight which is not good. I am likely burning more calories than I am consuming so I really need to ramp up fat fast.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast