Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Ketosis in the land of year-round fruit page 2

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You could also mix the coconut and some chocolate together and make bark. Dr. Bork Bork has some great recipes. The coconut would sweeten the chocolate a bit.
    Where can I find Dr. Bork Bork? I had thought about making bark but all the recipes seemed to call for some kind of sweetener.

Paleobird Guest
    The Primal Junk Foodie

This is her blog. She does get into stevia sometimes but I find I can just omit that. She has some awesome recipes.

The Primal Junk Foodie

This is her blog. She does get into stevia sometimes but I find I can just omit that. She has some awesome recipes.
    Very much appreciated, and thank you for letting me know they work without stevia. I have three stevia plants here that I use only for novelty with guests because I just don't like the taste.

Fat/Protein/Net Carbs

Breakfast - 20/13/1
    Two Fried Eggs - 14/13/1
    Butter - 6/0/0

Lunch - 0/0/0
    I skipped lunch because I wasn't hungry, had snacks mid afternoon though.

Dinner - 37/31/5
    Carrots - 0/1/5
    Chicken - 13/30/0
    Butter - 23/0/0

Put some carrots in the crock pot with butter and chicken with the skin on, topped it all off with marjoram and cordyceps. Made enough for at least two meals so I took half the carrots and half the chicken, then realized that most of the skin was on the half I didn't take so I poured the drippings over my chicken. Delicious, delicious fat.

Snacks - 10/6/13
    Cherries - 0/1/10
    Almonds - 10/5/3

Total for today - 67/49/19

Today was a light work day. I probably could have made my fat minimum if I had had Macadamias instead of almonds but for some reason I didn't feel like macadamias and really wanted almonds, so I went with it. I stayed below my limit on carbs but went slightly over on protein, though I'm not sure if I really went over on protein because I never finished my chicken and ended up putting a fair portion of it in the fridge.

I've noticed lately that I'm not getting hungry like I used to. I still get hungry but it's a minor feeling and I can hold off until a more convenient time to eat without feeling a desperate urge to eat right this moment.

Been feeling rather miserable most of the day, but not because of the food. This morning I was picking up palm fronds and found out the hard way that although my fire ant allergy has gone away, my tree ant allergy/sensitivity has not. I have a big welt on my upper arm that is slowly going away, but all day I've been dealing with sharp pains from my right hand knuckles to my left shoulder from it. More than likely the pains will go away but the welt will feel like a bruise for a few days.

Breakfast - 26/3/2
    Macadamias - 26/3/2

Lunch - 36/20/14
    Spring Lettuce and Arugula - 0/2/1
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Green Bell Pepper - 0/0/2
    Radishes - 0/0/1
    Black Olives - 3/0/1
    Mushroom - 0/1/1
    Onion - 0/0/2
    Pickles - 0/0/1
    Pine Nuts - 3/2/1
    Asiago Cheese - 9/7/0
    Hard Boiled Egg - 5/6/1
    Dressing - 16/0/1

Dinner - 48/31/5
    Carrots - 0/1/5
    Chicken - 13/30/0
    Butter - 35/0/0

Snacks - 0/0/4
    Cherries - 0/0/4

Total for today - 111/55/25

Carbs and protein are over the maximums, but it's a big step forward compared to last week. I'll see this week how I do with no soda, coconut water, or chocolate. I'm working on getting more high fat options available so I can keep my carbs and protein within reason while getting enough fat. 38-46g protein seems a small target to hit though.

Recipes to work on: Fat bread mini muffins, Chocolate coconut bark, and Bone broth

I hold the strong opinion that tree ants are worse than fire ants: itchy bruise.

Breakfast - 12/13/0
    Chicken - 1/13/0
    Butter - 12/0/0

Finished off the last of the chicken I had left over.

Lunch - 36/19/13
    Spring Lettuce and Arugula - 0/2/1
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Radishes - 0/0/1
    Black Olives - 3/0/1
    Onion - 0/0/2
    Pickles - 0/0/1
    Pine Nuts - 3/2/1
    Asiago Cheese - 9/7/0
    Hard Boiled Egg - 5/6/1
    Dressing - 16/0/1

Dinner - 55/59/0
    Mozzarella filled meatballs - 46/52/0
    Cheddar Cheese - 9/7/0

Snacks - 27/9/5
    Almonds - 9/4/3
    Hazelnuts - 18/5/2

Total for today - 131/101/18

I managed to keep my carbs low, which is good for a normal work day. Went way overboard on protein though. I decided to try my hand at mozzarella filled meatballs today and they were very good so I let myself have two servings of them. I may be regretting it tomorrow... I've noticed that eating too many carbs or way too much protein tends to make me hungry later.

I did get some mascarpone, coconut cream, and coconut milk to try with different things but I'm still a couple of ingredients short for making fat bread.

The tree ant sting is almost healed up now. It seems even though I still have the allergy, I'm recovering faster. It usually takes about 3-4 days to get to this point.

Breakfast - 6/0/2
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Mascarpone Cheese - 6/0/0

Lunch - 33/16/15
    Spring Lettuce, Spinach and Arugula - 0/2/1
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Radishes - 0/0/1
    Black Olives - 3/0/1
    Mushroom - 0/1/1
    Onion - 0/0/2
    Pickles - 0/0/1
    Pine Nuts - 3/2/1
    Feta Cheese - 6/4/1
    Hard Boiled Egg - 5/6/1
    Dressing - 16/0/1

Dinner - 23/26/0
    Mozzarella filled meatballs - 23/26/0

Snacks - 33/5/3
    Macadamias - 26/3/2
    Hazelnuts - 7/2/1

Total for today - 95/47/20

I think this may be the closest I've had to perfect. Just under on carbs, 1g over on protein, and fat nicely within its bounds.

I tried a little of the mascarpone this morning but it didn't seem to have much flavor. Though it could have been too cold. The refrigerator is set fairly low right now.

Right now I have everything I need to make fat bread except for raw macadamias (grow faster trees!) which I can't seem to find locally, and the mini muffin tins which I have difficulty going out and shopping for. I ended up ordering both so when they come in I will be looking for a good time to try it out.

The tree ant sting no longer hurts or itches and the swelling has gone down to right around where I was stung. Being primal gets better all the time!

Paleobird Guest
    I couldn't find the raw ones either but the roasted ones from Sprouts worked just fine. I've been dealing with this damn bee sting on my hand so I feel your pain. It's now just down to itchy and stiff not so much painful. I need to try the mozzarella filled meatballs. That sounds awesome. Two of my favorite foods, together.

I couldn't find the raw ones either but the roasted ones from Sprouts worked just fine. I've been dealing with this damn bee sting on my hand so I feel your pain. It's now just down to itchy and stiff not so much painful. I need to try the mozzarella filled meatballs. That sounds awesome. Two of my favorite foods, together.
    No Sprouts stores anywhere near here. Trader Joe's has a decent price on roasted macadamias which is where I've been getting them. I still have to wait for the muffin tins though so I may as well wait for the raw macadamias I ordered.

I saw you posts about the bee sting and I couldn't think of anything constructive to say so I didn't say anything. Last time I got stung by a bee it was in the neck while riding on a motorcycle, not fun.

The mozzarella filled meatballs are awesome, especially if you top them off with cheddar, just watch out for the meat trying to come apart after you start cooking.

PrimalCon New York
    Breakfast - 26/3/2
    Macadamias - 26/3/2

Lunch - 33/16/15
    Spring Lettuce, Spinach and Arugula - 0/2/1
    Carrots - 0/0/2
    Radishes - 0/0/1
    Black Olives - 3/0/1
    Mushroom - 0/1/1
    Onion - 0/0/2
    Pickles - 0/0/1
    Pine Nuts - 3/2/1
    Feta Cheese - 6/4/1
    Hard Boiled Egg - 5/6/1
    Dressing - 16/0/1

Dinner - 37/24/0
    Salmon - 10/24/0
    Olive oil - 27/0/0

Seasoned with cayenne and thyme. Everyone needs more thyme.

Snacks - 0/0/0
    None!

Total for today - 96/43/17

Perfect numbers!

I am so sore right now. Laying a pallet of sod is never fun, and that was just our first stop of the day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast