Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veggies!... page

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member

Veggies!...

So Ladies and Gentīs after a disastrous bout with spinachīs I decided not to eat them anymore, I know they are good for me, but for some reason I just cant stand them.

Does anyone has more choices, recommendations?.

The veggies I love are cucumbers, lettuce, onions, peppers , prickle pears, mushrooms, and I know is a fruit but you can put an IV on my arm with avocados and I will be the most happy men in the world.

So any help? and also what "healthy" foodīs you just cant stand?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Vegetables really aren't that great. They're lauded as being the be-all and end-all of nutrition but in reality their good points can be obtained from other sources. Some people will have a greater need for alkaline food and some people may have a tough time getting enough potassium and vitamin c without them but it is possible. The fiber actually reduces the time you have to absorb nutrients in the gut and small intestine and a lot of them have some negative effects like goitrogens and oxalates, and of course inflammation with nightshades. I'm pretty convinced as to the health benefits of antioxidants and various phytonutrients, but time and again it is the spices (go good on meat!) and fruit (1 cup of blueberries smashes anything in the vegetable world) that prove to be far more effective for this. Acid-alkaline balance can also be normalized without vegetables, despite what the "health" food stores will have you believe.

So they're good and I love to eat them. But they aren't great or necessary.

Thanks Stabby!, I must confess that Iīve been intrigued by this, about veggies being not so necessary. I do eat my organic berries on a regular basis, wich makes me have some peace of mind.

So how can I mantain a Acid-Alkaline balance, without them?

And what are your fav. spices?, I really havent tried them yet, except for Sea salt and some seasoning products.

Thanks in advance!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Some people tend to be more naturally alkaline if their ancestors ate a predominantly meat-based diet and those whose ancestors ate more alkaline food will tend to be naturally more acidic to avoid over-alkalinity. It is kind of hard to tell which one you are but in general most caucasians like me don't need THAT much alkaline food. Fruit is good and no-carb juices like lemon and lime juice are very effective. Fish bones nad bone marrow are excellent, spices if used copiously (I do, more on that below), many seeds and nuts, avocado and seemingly everybody's favorite, coconut. If you aren't consuming grains, sugar, and processed junk, adding some of these would suffice.

I like ginger, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, cocoa, cinnamon, paprika, cloves (although not heavily), and some others. Many of these have phytonutrients that own any vegetables in the face when used in significant amounts. Not that I have any profound problems with vegetables. I tend to use gel caps to take a more supplemental dose of some of them, but I also use them on meat to protect it in cooking and for flavor.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    You might not need the vegetables, but I think life would be really unbelievably boring without them. Nothing is as tasty, in my opinion, than a big ass salad with some sort of meat either on the side or mixed right in. The possibilities are endless, & I look forward to my BAS every single freakin' day.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I agree with aboutsaffron, I look to veggies to keep my meat company. I've definitely reduced the variety though, I mostly eat the dark green variety: kale, spinach, broccoli, chard. I'm looking to add more of those, sometimes I mess with onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc but not as much. I have a pretty simple to please palate I think... In fact, I think my taste buds are crappier than those of other people. I once saw that the people that dislike broccoli (which I love) typically have better taste buds and can taste the bitterness... I wouldn't even speak of broccoli as bitter!

Yeah I agree, I do like veggies, I can eat a Pepper like if it was an apple.

Broccoli actually for me it tastes neutral.

I want to make some Chard tacos..gonna try them out.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    @FrankOcean: Totally hear you on the peppers. I don't even understand the people who need to lather them in anything - just eat as is. Have you ever eaten one just out of the garden? Divine.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I have been eating asparagus with my lamb chops lately. If you get the small tender ones you can fry them in a bit of butter and they taste delicious. In season here too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nothing but meat is necessary if you have a whole-animal approach to carnivory, which means eating offal and keeping your main cuts rare enough to retain vitamin C content, though a small measure of nutrient dense berries have what you need too. Most of the "vegetables" people tend to list as being irresistible are of course also fruits like peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers etc. True leafy vegetation is all but inedible to the palate without cooking it down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast