Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Crap, I think I'm in ketosis. page

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Holy Crap, I think I'm in ketosis.

Primal Fuel
    I was just talking to le boyfriend about how I don't really feel any hungry for lunch anymore and it is a struggle to eat even half the raw veggies and protein I bring, and how amazing I feel all day, and this and that.

And suddenly it hit me. I think I've actually done it. I think I'm actually burning fat.

I feel like the sky opened up with a column of light around me and kittens and angels are romping about at my feet. This is glorious.

Just thought I would say so. :3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Have you peed on a ketostick for kicks?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post

And suddenly it hit me. I think I've actually done it. I think I'm actually burning fat.

I feel like the sky opened up with a column of light around me and kittens and angels are romping about at my feet. This is glorious.

Just thought I would say so. :3
    That's exactly how I feel --- like I have a halo of light around me and everyone must know that I am in KETOSIS! woot woot.

How many calories are you taking in? I'm struggling to eat 1000 - 1100 per day and I'm not getting in enough protein. Interested in your thoughts on this. Thanks/louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Paleobird Guest
    Welcome to Ketoland! Isn't it fun?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    It's funny how two weeks ago I couldn't get enough to eat. But today I had a small breakfast around 10AM. I went running for an entire hour at lunch, if you can call my shuffle "running". I went looking for a snack around 3 but found nothing good enough to eat. No big deal. By 5pm I was pretty hungry and had a snack at home. It's practically nothing what I've eaten today compared to the last couple weeks and I feel fine. And I swear even my smaller pants are starting to fall off, even fresh out of the drier. This is awesome. Plus it's raining in September! How cool is that?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

OMG yes when I woke up and saw the rain out my window I practically lept from the bed with my excitement. =P I am sooo over hot hot hot summer here in So Cali. Ketoland is amazing!

I had no idea I could pee on a stick to test this. Wow.

Lousia I am currently doing a whole30, and I am not tracking my calories at all. I will give you a run down of what I ate thus far today.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with loose pork sausage, spinach, and mushrooms. Seasoned with s, p, cayenne, paprika
    L: 2 leaves romaine, 6 baby carrots, 2 cherry tomatoes, and half a lara bar (lara bar 1/2 is ~ 45 calories and ~ 9 grams sugar)
    D: This week I cooked ahead a bunch of beef and chicken "taco meats" which i eat wrapped in yet more romaine lettuce and diced roma tomatoes.

Sometimes I eat almonds at my lunch break (about 8 raw almonds) and a hard boiled egg but this time I could not even eat all my veggies. o.o I also haven't been eating fruit (aside from the tomatoes, I suppose) because the plums I bought aren't ripe. >;[

The half Lara bar was a nice treat, I eat them only in moderation. Have to be careful with them as they are surprisingly sweet and addictive.

Kylex286 is offline Member
    The other day I had a four egg omelet with fresh chilly peppers and went throughout my entire day full of energy and didn't have to eat until around 1130 the next day. about 23 hours or so after I had my omelet. I just didn't NEED to eat at all for that period of time.

That's awesome Kyle!

I am trying a new experiment with myself today. I was really hungry this morning, which I never used to be... prior to trying primal/paleo/whole9 i was a chronic breakfast skipper. I've been trying to be better about it, and now I eat breakfast every day!

So anyway this morning I upped my eggs from 2 to 3 and used more spinach and mushrooms and ended up with a much larger overall scramble. I am going to chow down with this and see how my day goes - I decided not to bother packing a lunch at all. Saved me a little time!

If i do end up feeling unbearable hunger pangs later in the day, I have plenty of almonds and water and can have a lara bar half if absolutely necessary but I think I will do just fine. I am excited!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I'm a little confused.

Does this mean that not having a big appetite = being in ketosis?

Lately I've had a very low appetite, often not needing or wanting breakfast or lunch and simultaneously feeling energized. Even when I do get hungry, I don't really feel like it's an emergency, and can easily postpone eating as long as necessary. But I'm eating high carb+sugar, relatively low fat.

Does this mean I'm in ketosis, too?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Simplified, ketosis means that you are burning fat instead of carbohydrates for energy. My body has now started using the fat I eat and the fat I've stored for energy instead of carbs (which I am no longer making available in large quantities.)

This is very simplified and possibly slightly wrong, but that is how I understand it. =P

Now, the effects you may feel from this, which I am experiencing:

Steady energy through out the day
    No sugar cravings, blood sugar spikes/dips
    Less need to fuel your body via food because it is using fat stores for fuel (aka less hunger)

I'm not sure what is going on with you - if the diet you are on is working to make you feel happy and healthy and meet whatever goals you have, that is great. Can you achieve ketosis on a high sugar/carb WOE? I am not sure on that, my layman's science tells me no, but I could, as always, be wrong. =P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast