Thread: http://stevesoriginal.com/store page

Kylex286 is offline Member

http://stevesoriginal.com/store

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone ever ordered from it? It's supposed to be Primal, but idk. I saw it as a sponsor on facebook. At the end of the month I going on a flight to Japan and I'd like to know if this would be a good place to order from. My flight's 31 hours (because it has a 15 hour lay over in shanghai) I could go that long without eating, I've done it before without a problem. I'm just wondering if there is a good Primal website for snacks and stuff for airplane rides.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    I ordered a few Paleo kits from them last year for a backpacking trip and it was good. I prefer my own jerky but was pressed for time. The Paleo Krunch is delicious.

Aged hard cheese, salami, nuts, and fruit are all easy to travel with.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Steve's Original is well-known and renowned in the primal and paleo community. Nearly every blogger I follow (NomNom Paleo, Balanced Bites, MDA, Civilized Caveman, etc.) promote Steve's on their websites and blogs.

I haven't ordered his stuff yet because I find it too pricey and I can just make my own trail-type mixes much cheaper. But, go for it!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Steve's original is good stuff. I'm personally finding more carbs/sweetness than I like in the paleokits, and I'm mildly concerned by the sunflower oil used in the cranberries, but it's still an awesome grab-n-go paleo snack.

If you look around the internet a bit, you'll find reviews, you'll find that Steve himself is an active online advocate of his products and company (it seems that he'll often respond personally to online reviews/criticism of his product)
    A portion of his proceeds go to crossfit for underpriviledged kids (AWESOME), and he's been VERY careful about sourcing (USDA labeling and sourcing requirements = insanity sometimes). He offers a lot of non-grassfed products in addition to the grass-fed ones, so keep that in mind as you're selecting products if you're looking for strictly grass-fed beef.

I ordered some sort of sampler from Steve's original (it included a few different varieties of paleokit and jerky and some "granola" type things - great introductory selection), as well as a Paleo MRE to put in my emergency bag.

I also (at the same time) got some primal pacs and grassfed jerky from primalpacs.com - I haven't fully compared the two companies (there are differences in how the jerky is made, which fruits are in the pac/kit, etc.), but they both seem to put out a high quality product that is a better choice than a candy bar, donut, muffin, or almost any "convenience" food.