Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I a jerk or is the GF crazy? page

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member

Am I a jerk or is the GF crazy?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hate text messaging. All it does is cause misunderstanding and *inhibit* communication. Also I suck at it. Unfortunately everyone my age loves it and so I am forced to cooperate.

Here's an exchange from lunch today between me and the GF that I could use a separate perspective on; frankly I am questioning my
    own perceptions as I could be a complete sociopath with a skewed sense of reality.

TFC's Squeeze:"Hey TFC know how I talked about having poor post workout recovery? Well for lunch I am eating sardines (fish oil) with spinach and
    avocado "

TFC: "Amazing! Do you think cortisol could be a factor? I'm sending you a care package [of zinc, magnesium, anti cortisol supplements] from Amazon.com"

(she's been under a lot of pressure/stress lately with work, friends and a 100 mile relay race she is running this weekend)

TFC's Squeeze:""Thanks for suggesting I have high cortisol :-/"

TFC: "It was a question goof /bonk!" :P

TFC's Squeeze:""You're right I'm too stressed and suffer a multitude of physical sumptoms as a consequence. All of which are unattractive and debilitating in some way.
    Yes I likely have high cortisol. Thank you for pointing it out. Assumptions can be made from that question that hurt my feelings."

TFC: Maintains radio silence so as not to break something again;. scratches mane and wonders what the cure for estrogen is.

Since when is suggesting someone is stressed an insult?
    How do I respond? Clearly I have no idea what I am doing.
    And yes it's pathetic asking for help from the internet.
    ad astra per aspera

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    She is crazy.

Run. Run while you still can.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Pms.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    I had to read this twice to understand your GF. Originally, I was like, yes GF is being a tad crazy but then I read her first sentence again. She was looking for your praise by eating what you suggest and instead you found another problem. ;-) I know that you only want to help her feel better but she just may need a little extra praise and love instead.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Hard to infer tone and all that stuff, also girls are just crazy man.

Is she good in bed? ultimately that's all that matters.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    What's crazy is text messaging.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    She was looking for your praise by eating what you suggest and instead you found another problem. ;-)
    He gave her praise ("Amazing!") and suggested further help asking if cortisol might be an issue (this is offering support) and he then offered to help with this (more support). Her response "OMFG I am a horrible stress monster who sucks at life! Now you have hurt my feelings!"

Yeah, run.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Girls are awful. I'm glad I like dudes because if I had to deal with a female on a regular basis I'd go abso-fucking-lutely insane.

Just back away and let her simmer down. She overreacted.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I had to read this twice to understand your GF. Originally, I was like, yes GF is being a tad crazy but then I read her first sentence again. She was looking for your praise by eating what you suggest and instead you found another problem. ;-) I know that you only want to help her feel better but she just may need a little extra praise and love instead.
    Yes you are completely right. I have a built in drive to help, increase, aid, fix and improve. Girls never, or very rarely, want any of that when they have a problem that they voice. They just want to dish about it and have you listen. Men are from Mars women from Venus etc.
    ad astra per aspera

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Context matters. Do you frequently comment on her health? She may feel like you are overly critical of her choices and might have been wanting praise for her healthy choice rather than inferences about her cortisol.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast