Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I a jerk or is the GF crazy? page 4

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    I responded with

"I should have responded to what a drool-worthy cook you are instead of providing unsolicited "help". I realize why I hurt your feelings now. I am sorry I did."

It's hard to text with razor sharp claws.
    You sir, are a much nicer guy than me. Bravo.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    and let us not forget that this window that we have been privvy to, in your daily relationship - is extremely small. Water may have already passed under the bridge this morning, or over it, maybe through it ??????
    Pick some daisies, kiss her on the lips (unless she has keto breath), and tell her you love her !!!!!!
    if this doesn't work - both of you grab a bow-n-arrow ....and take it outside !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a good plan.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    The appropriate response is: "Wow, that's really great about your lunch. Is my dinner ready yet?"
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    man, all caps still reads as 'yelling' to me.
    My intention was to differentiate my comments from the poster's comments.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post

TFC: "Amazing! Do you think cortisol could be a factor?

TFC's Squeeze:""Thanks for suggesting I have high cortisol :-/"

...All of which are unattractive

My read on what she thinks, which could be wrong of course?

She thinks - that you think - she is looking fat.

Stress and cortisol = fat.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    The trick is TIMING. She was NOT READY for more advice. All she wanted was a gold star at that moment. In man terms, wait at least half an hour after saying "Good job" before saying anything like "here's what else might be wrong". Men, we compartmentalize everything we're told to deal with later, in our heads in our own time. The woman feels the blow of each idea all at once, and cannot comprehend how you could do that to her. You can tell a man, "Yeah, this steak is done correctly this time, but your eggs suck." and he'll hear ,"Good job on steak. Check. Eggs need work. Check." but say that to a woman and she hears, "even though you did an acceptable job with the steak, I'm still not satisfied or happy with you because you failed at making these eggs. You are an abject failure at this and no matter how hard you try, it's not going to be good enough. You don't love me."
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Quite frankly? My answer would be to call her with "I fucked up. How do I fix it?" But, I'm very open about that sort of thing, so YMMV.
    Outside of that: yes, it's possible hormones have her low and wanting praise. If that's the case, you delivered the hormonal maniac's equivalent of Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown and then kicking him in the nuts.
    It's also possible she wanted to hear she was doing good and got "slapped down" with "Yes, but no. Now fix this."
    It's also possible that there was no right answer except "Good lunch."
    I think (again, I tend to think more like a guy than a chick) she had a batshit crazy moment and you happened to catch the fallout. Give her time and play it calm. Chances are, she'll calm down, realize she made a nut of herself, and it'll pass without incident.
    Agreeing with both of these.

I tend to think like a guy too, but I've had to deal with generic women enough that I kind of understand them now. She was trying to show you she had fixed the problem (pat on the head, please) and suggesting something else made her feel like what she did was not enough to fix the problem (kick in the nuts). Most women I know really do have a problem, like Knifegill said, with separating praise from constructive criticism. It just comes out "You still suck."

Man, I'm seriously glad I'm hetero. I really could not be a lesbian and deal with chicks all the time.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Agreeing with both of these.

I tend to think like a guy too, but I've had to deal with generic women enough that I kind of understand them now. She was trying to show you she had fixed the problem (pat on the head, please) and suggesting something else made her feel like what she did was not enough to fix the problem (kick in the nuts). Most women I know really do have a problem, like Knifegill said, with separating praise from constructive criticism. It just comes out "You still suck."

Man, I'm seriously glad I'm hetero. I really could not be a lesbian and deal with chicks all the time.
    LOL. Plus on the double-upside, NOT being hypersensitive to perceived criticism gives you a leg up on most women when it comes to getting along well with most men.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    okay i have to ask, what female given advice was horrible?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    okay i have to ask, what female given advice was horrible?
    Any that said to do anything but stop texting
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast