Thread: Following Primal, but feeling tired page

Jimilu is offline Junior Member

Following Primal, but feeling tired

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been following a part of Primal blueprint for a year. I say part, because although i do not eat bread or pasta, refined sugars any more i have a couple of beers every other day. After two months in crossfit with any weight loss i decided to stop drinking for a while and follow 100% the plan.
    An hour or sou after todays workout im feeling really tired with a weird headache, is that a consequence of not having any simple carbohydrates? or i am just tired from the WOD?
    I just started on monday ( i already lost 2 pounds).

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    sounds like your forcing your body to burn sugar, try getting on a low carbohydrate diet so that you can begin to burn fat. contrary to what the will tell you at crossfit. it takes time to adapt to any diet, just give it time.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimilu View Post
    I have been following a part of Primal blueprint for a year. I say part, because although i do not eat bread or pasta, refined sugars any more i have a couple of beers every other day. After two months in crossfit with any weight loss i decided to stop drinking for a while and follow 100% the plan.
    An hour or sou after todays workout im feeling really tired with a weird headache, is that a consequence of not having any simple carbohydrates? or i am just tired from the WOD?
    I just started on monday ( i already lost 2 pounds).
    The thing is none of us knows what you're eating in any detail, whether you're hydrated, what exercise activities you're doing at the gym, whether you're taking any medications, or what your medical history is. Is there a qualified first-aider at the gym who can offer first-line assistance and advice when the problem occurs? If nothing simple fixes it, perhaps you should see your doctor for a check.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Beer is a confounding variable for sure.

Normally, when someone goes low-carb, the body dumps electrolytes. Getting lots of B vitamins also will boost your energy and mood.

So don't be afraid of a little salt right now, and eat some liver.

Not to be a negative nancy, but you might want to dial back the liquid bread for awhile to actually become a fat burner, or you might just remain a hungry sugar-burner instead.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, all good stuff, knifegill. But what are they doing at the gym? If it's fairly high intensity but not of short duration, the situation's different.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, even general advice might miss the mark without more info.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html