Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Thank you" snack ideas? page

faithy22 is offline Member

"Thank you" snack ideas?

I absolutely adore the service dept at the dealership that I bring my car to. They are so friendly and take super good care of me and my car. They're going to be doing some work for me either later this week or early next. I want to bring in a little "thank you" snack just to do something thoughtful. I'm going to be dropping my car off at 7am. Donuts are the easiest thing but at the same time, I kinda feel badly providing food that I wouldn't eat myself. But it's a shop full of guys so I assume they like junky stuff like that.

Can anyone suggest something a little more healthy that's easy, quick and cheap?

Thanks!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Bag o' mixed fruit. Healthy, quick, and I think a bag costs about $5-7, if you don't get organic.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

highvibes is offline Junior Member
    How many guys work there? Maybe you could order them a party-size pizza for lunch? Probably less than 20.00 if you pick it up and bring it over

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Nuts. Pistachios, mixed nuts, whatever floats your boat.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Dunno about other men, but my husband raves about jerky whenever I get to making it. I bet they would also like salami... so, what I am driving at is a platter of deli meats, and veggies and, yes, crackers. With veggies being there, people have an option to skip crackers!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

faithy22 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Dunno about other men, but my husband raves about jerky whenever I get to making it. I bet they would also like salami... so, what I am driving at is a platter of deli meats, and veggies and, yes, crackers. With veggies being there, people have an option to skip crackers!
    That was my first thought but I discarded it because it's going to be in the morning. But whatever, I'll eat meat and cheese anytime of day!!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe y'all.

Nobody suggested bacon.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Leida is offline Senior Member
    That was my first thought but I discarded it because it's going to be in the morning. But whatever, I'll eat meat and cheese anytime of day!!
    Heh, do you think a guy working at the car-bay in the workshop is going to squint daintily at the roast beef and pepperoni stick and go: "mmgh, I kindda crave something lighter... maybe a bran muffin and a bit of fruit... Or a rice cake topped with that yummy dessert non-fat yogurt... actually, all I need is just a piece of chewing gum. yes, that's it! A great flavor in 4 calories! mmgh...."
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I can't believe y'all.

Nobody suggested bacon.
    Well, I did need somewhere to leave this idea for y'all . . . I make my family breakfast every morning. This is what they got today... - Imgur
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I can't believe y'all.

Nobody suggested bacon.
    The rule at my partner's work is that if you are more than 15 minutes late, you owe doughnuts for the crew. None of the guys complained when he brought bacon-wrapped eggs instead. Actually, he was the most popular guy on site that day.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast