Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Thank you" snack ideas? page 2

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh. Oh. Oh!

Bacon roses.

They are not hard to make and really impress. There are videos on youtube (I have heard) but the basic method is to swirl your bacon in muffin trays and bake until crispy. If you cook them part way, then swirl tighter and secure with toothpicks before cooking the rest of the way, you get a nice, firm bloom. Attach to skewers, and make leaves out of green bell peppers.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Put bacon on cookie sheet. Cook bacon. Cover bacon in expensive cheddar. Put bacon back in over for 5 minutes. Serve cooled, cheese covered bacon.
    Optional: Add a third layer of melted dark chocolate. Not entirely necessary but OMGYES!!!!!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Bacon wrapped dates. Never had it but it sounds very good, you got your fat, sugar and salt
    Billie trips balls

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Didn't Mark feature bacon wrapped jalapenos recently?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Bacon wrapped dates. Never had it but it sounds very good, you got your fat, sugar and salt
    Especially with good goat feta stuffed inside. Super yum.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Jerky sounds like a real winner.

Nuts or dried fruit half-dipped in chocolate is pretty awesome too.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

faithy22 is offline Member
    You guys are killing me! Maybe I didn't specify this, but I want something easy to buy/make. Yes, I love my dealership and if it was just for the service manager and the tech that works on my car, sure I would put a whole lot of effort into it. But I figured everyone was going to share, so that's probably like 10 people. I guess I could cook up a couple pounds of bacon and 2 dozen scrambled eggs.....

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    If it's easy you want then I think a fruit platter is about as easy as you are going to get.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    What if you made like a breakfast casserole and took it over when they open (usually in the morning). I am thinking it could be primal and yummy and something you might not worry about not feeding yourself.

Eggs, bacon/or sausage, cheese, you could even add some potatoes, veggies etc. Bake that sucker and its heaven.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast