Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays food intake..Is this righ? Looking for help page 2

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Moll thanks so much for all that info..Im actually a math guy so i can understand the breakdown of the formula. I havent read up to much on breakdown of macros and my daily intake..rather just focused on eating 3 primal meals every day. and have been very consistent with that..but i feel like i should be losing weight at a faster rate due to how high my activity levels are...This is why I want to now look into this subject more in dept.

here is a link to my journal/log with my progress and some info on my physic..Currently im 5'11 and weighing 188 lbs...Have lost 17lbs in 33 days since being on full track paleo..but my weight has been fluctuating from 188-190 for the past 5 days...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Hmm, whey protein isn't paleo. It's not real food. Just saying.

Also, Foster Farms chicken strips? Save some money and buy a chicken or a package of thighs or breasts and cut it into strips yourself. And if that stuff is flavored or soaked in brine, you are getting MSG. MSG isn't good for you.

Also, I know you just copied your diet tracker, but I hope you don't worry too much about the saturated fat total. All you need to do is balance your fats so that you get some of all kinds and plenty of O3 fats. Balancing your fats will help with inflammation.
    Uh oh, watch out for Paleo PD!!! Mark has already covered protein powder. It's fine, use as you see fit (to supplement). Whole foods are always better and will be more satiating.

And what's wrong with chicken strips? Jesus, what if someone doesn't want to break down chicken?
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 09-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Protein powder is processed food. It's not real food.
    Paleo protein powder

I wouldn't trust the foster farms chicken strips. I looked them up online and they are seasoned and grilled for you. This guarantees they've been coated in MSG and artificial flavors intended to trigger your addictive brain chemistry.

I'm just trying to help you out. Eat real food. It really does make a difference.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, lose the Foster Farms chicken! I USED to eat that stuff, now I know to read labels and it has all kinds of crap added to it besides chicken. I would consider it a poor source of clean protein.

Ok i will go back to the organic chicken they sell at the grocery or even perhaps the boneless skinless chicken they have at meat department service counter....Ya I know protein powder isnt paleo and im trying to lean off of it but its just so easy for a quick meal shake or protein for recovery after workouts...even though i know eating some good clean chicken after a workout would be better!

Start Weight-210

Moll is offline Member
    No problem, Bosstycoon! Glad you were able to sift through all the numbers

I bet you'd find that if you curb back your carb intake, you'll start to see more progress with weight loss. Don't be afraid to eat more fat, either!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you can make your own chicken strips that taste a million times better. Ever since I started cooking my own food from scratch, whenever my boyfriend cooks some Trader Joe's packaged thing that's pre-marinated or pre-seasoned it just tastes so awful. It always has the same taste to it, like there's some common ingredient in all of it. I prefer the cleaner taste of things I make myself. I sometimes use pre-made things to spice up my food, for instance, I love chiles in adobo sauce that comes in a can, but what I make is always better than something that comes pre-marinated or pre-seasoned.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

paul_b is offline Member
    Moll,

Awesome post...now the question is, if I gave you my stats could you get my ideal weight/fat loss plan??

\paul

paul_b is offline Member
    I tend to really use the 21 Transformation book for my daily intake basic idea. i just find it really helps to what I should be sticking to.

ok so i found my measurements and calculated them from scientificpsychic.com

English Units Metric Units
    Height 5'10" feet
    Weight 188 pounds
    Waist 35 inches
    Neck 15 inches

Body Mass Index: 27.0 kg/m2
    Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.50
    Percent Body Fat: 19.3%
    Lean Body Mass: 151.7 lb

You are overweight by 6.7 kilograms (14.7 pounds)
    Minimum caloric requirements: 2270 Calories per day
    Limit your food intake to 1929 calories per day.
    to lose 2.5 pounds per month.
    Your diet should contain at least 110 grams of protein per day.

Start Weight-210

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast