Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese food page 2

Primal Fuel
    I have more success choosing primal-friendly takeout at my local Thai restaurant, rather than Chinese (although I love me some Chinese!). Tom Kha Gai is coconut milk-based soup that is my go-to. I'm pretty sure there is sugar in it, but overall a better choice for me than General Gau's chicken Also, chicken or shrimp satay (minus the peanut sauce), and any of the salads. Thai is also much cheaper in my area than Chinese.

Annana is offline Senior Member
    We stopped getting chinese take aways after going primal. There were just too many nasty ingredients we didn't want to eat. So now we have Indian take aways instead. They do have vegetable oil, but other than that they're good.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I find mexican is good- the place near me does a plate of carnitas which is just a huge meat pile. Hold the rice and beans.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Chinese takeout ≠ Chinese food, and I doubt either are primal due to the oils!

Moll is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I work in a Chinese restaurant and the best I can say for the food is that the produce is pretty fresh. Beside the fact that the meat/veggies are bulk ordered with the goal being cheapest possible (aka loaded with antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, and gmo's), every dish I've seen my cook make contains a combination of cornstarch, canola oil, cooking wine, sugar, soy sauce, and msg. Usually all of the above. I think this is pretty typical for these types of restaurants, so I'd be wary of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12