Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is Primal dessert an oxymoron page

dnieto090388 is offline Junior Member

is Primal dessert an oxymoron

Primal Fuel
    what are some good desserts that somewhat fit into primal guidelines if there is any or is it a better idea just to leave sweets for a cheat meal.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    our common dessert is to have frozen berries with coconut cream, chopped brazil nuts, and sometimes some dark chocolate too.

sometimes, I blend it all up and then freeze it and we have it as ice cream.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Our go-to meal is baked bananas topped with whipped cream and a little dark chocolate. So good.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    poached pears or apples would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by dnieto090388 View Post
    what are some good desserts that somewhat fit into primal guidelines if there is any or is it a better idea just to leave sweets for a cheat meal.
    Being new to this myself, I had a similar question.

Aside from the "Occasional Indulgence" of dark chocolate, I didn't really see much outside of simply enjoying fruit.

There are tons of recipes, though, here and in print, with all kinds of desert options.

The common themes I've seen so far are as follows:

Replace flour with coconut or almond varieties.
    Use whole (preferably raw) cream.
    Use honey as a sweetener.
    Use dark chocolate.

I can't speak to how tasty any of this is. My guess is that one needs to de-acclimate (sounds like a made up word!) from sugar first. Then one probably has to get past the fact that the first few attempts at making "primal" deserts will end up not tasting nearly as good as one thought they would!

After that, you can probably create a bunch of satisfying things. I wouldn't try to stack them up next to traditional goods at the office holiday party! But at least you'll have things that will be good to you!

jay_fm is offline Member
    We love whipped cream with berries, bananas some walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. If there is ice cream on hand that get thrown in on occasion. This is actually a go-to before soccer snack for my kids but my dessert!
    Pre-Primal SW: 161
    CW- 150
    Goal 120ish

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Bananas in cream or berries in cream. It's even better if the cream clumps together.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    "Paleo Comfort Foods" by Julie and Charles Mayfield has several dessert recipes that are primal friendly. I made one a few weeks ago (though I'm not generally a dessert person) that went over very well: apple crisp. Ingredients are almond flour, chopped pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and Granny Smith apples. A small amount of honey is optional.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, just call it dessert and eat what you want.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Salmon Mousse Gelatin Ring and Raspberry Coconut Gelatin Dessert | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple

I have the same question. The few answers I have found so far include the berry jelly from the link above; a cheesecake with flaked almonds/chocolate/butter in the base, blended cream cheese/banana/vanilla essence/optional berries for the filling, whipped cream and fruit on top; truffles of blended dates/cocoa/almond flour/coconut and butter or coconut oil, roll into balls and refrigerate.

Apart from that baked bananas and chocolate, baked apples cored and filled with mixed fruit/spice/chocolate/butter/honey. All served with cream of course.

More suggestions very welcome!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast