Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is Primal dessert an oxymoron page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Any frozen fruit dipped in melted dark chocolate makes and elegant dessert. Raw cream and frozen fruit mixed in the blender makes a soft serve that is awesome.

Chocolate mousse is easy just whip some cream in the blender, add in an egg and about a tbsp of cocoa powder (unsweetened) for each serving. pour in glasses or bowls and chill to set up.

anova01 is offline Member
    Freeze 1/2 of a ripe banana in foil. It can be eaten with a spoon and is a sweet substitute for a frozen treat, pun intended.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    The other day I made dark chocolate covered strawberries and served them with a banana and dark chocolate whipped cream on the side. Primal or not, it was amazing.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Banana slices, sauteed in butter are amazing. Then you could you mix together some almond butter, coconut oil and unsweetened cocoa and drizzle it over. To me this tastes way better than conventional sugary dessert.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I actually like cheese as my dessert, and salted coconut milk. Crumbled creamed coconut. Nuts. I love fruit, but I try to eradicate sweet tooth. Unfortunately, savory dessert is still a treat, and I feel like eating treats. Based on this mindset, dessert/treats are probably better not be had, however, I personally have a complicated emotional investment into the postprandial stuff. Perhaps, that signal that the meal is over is important after all. I just don't know what is right, and how to establish the no dessert routine. So far, I believe that if one could skip the dessert it is a good idea to do so, but if not, a savory dessert may be better than a sweet dessert if you are working on your eating education under the conditions of sugar addiction.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Colloid is offline Junior Member
    3 parts coconut manna
    1 part coconut oil
    warmed slightly (10 seconds in mircowave +/-)
    unsweetened cocoa powder (to taste), stir until smooth
    add cold berries or cold macadamia nuts
    This concoction is way better than commercial ice cream.

evergreen101 is offline Junior Member
    I like to go for the classic almond butter spread on apple. Another favourite is Fage greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of almond butter and a hint of honey mixed together - that's pretty special.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I eat fruit for the main meal, and then eat bacon for dessert.

I made ice-cream with coconut milk, egg yolks, and maple syrup once. Followed a primal recipe and actually thought it was too sweet. If I make it again I will definitely use less syrup.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Annana is offline Senior Member
    I make this sweet potato 'pie' and have it with double cream 3 Ingredient Paleo Sweet Potato “Pie” It's really good and my 3 year old loves it too.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    It can be oxymoronic when high frequency. But healthiest not to cut out dessert entirely, esp when Italian gelato enters the equation.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast