Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paleo war? What is this all about? page

maranne is offline Senior Member

Paleo war? What is this all about?

Shop Now
    i erveryone!
    I have been absent for some time and on my return to the paleo world I discovered paleo drama between Melissa McEwen and Free the Animal guy Nicoley. What the hell is going on? Anyone care to enlighten me please?
    M

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I want to know. I don't know who Melissa McEwen is, but Richard always seems to have a war on with somebody.

I'm not sure quite what it is with the movement. Someone was calling names at Nora Gedgaudas on this board the other day on account she doesn't eat much carbohydrate. Why does it matter that much what someone else eats?

Then there was the fake tweet case that got Jack Kruse arrested. Recently, a young gymnast wrote a little piece for him on how cold treatment had helped her spinal injury, and got offensive email as a result. Apparently, Dr. Kruse is such a threat to paleo, or high-carb, or whatever, that obscene email to a child who's grateful to him is thought to be a good revenge on him.

I should pretend you haven't noticed there's yet another war on. :-)
    Last edited by Lewis; 09-04-2012 at 12:01 AM.

homunculus is offline Member
    Free the Animal has insulted a bunch of people before for no reason, calling 3 female bloggers "cunts" and acting like a misogynist. I think it was over the bloggers calling out Jack Kruise on his lies and poor sience. Even after Richard found out Kruse was indeed lying, he refused to apologise.
    I never knew he was such an asshole, I used to enjoy reading his blog but his treatment of other people is fucking horrible.
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You see what assholes we are? We can turn "eat natural ancestral food" into name-calling and drama and other attacks. Pretty soon there will be a bombing. Mark my words.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    People are always looking for an excuse to argue. Most just don't realize that the excuses are just that though, which is when fanaticism happens.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    There's this great thing called yarnbombing (for those who don't know: knitters or crocheters wrap public space things in knitting, as in: a knitted tube around the pole of a stop sign, a hat for a lamp post, little shaped tubes on the handles of newspaper machines.)

I support a peaceful fat bombing thing. When you disagree with someone for being a jerk, instead of going off verbally, send them a little pat of butter. It might help their mood, and would put a smile on your face, too.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like jerks with oversized egos acting like... jerks with oversized egos, to me.

I realized what a jerk Richard is during that whole Jack Kruse stupid-fest. I don't really care who he's getting into it with now.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    You see what assholes we are? We can turn "eat natural ancestral food" into name-calling and drama and other attacks. Pretty soon there will be a bombing. Mark my words.
    I have reported you to DHS
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, I saw that last night. Nicoley is being an absolute asshole and has been for some time. I used to enjoy his blog on occasion but these days I just watch it for the drama. He's off the deep end. As for what Melissa McEwen is doing with Paleo Drama, not sure that I agree with the approach but it can be entertaining. Other than that, I had read a little about the Kruse/FBI/cruise thing but not enough to know all the details.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Somebody yarn-bombed a tree on one of our hiking trails. It was actually really cool.

That Nikoley guy is really quite obnoxious and I never could stomach reading him much. A few posts here and there, but not on a regular basis. Melissa's whole deal, her particular health issues and her foodie stuff, just don't really match my own lifestyle so while I've found interesting things on her site to read, I don't really read it very often either.

On the low carb side, I have always enjoyed Dr. Mike Eades' blog but when he goes into politics, I tune him out. And Mark's blog is good but there are some of his regular topics I don't read because I'm not interested, and I really am not turned on by his super enthusiastic diet book tone sometimes.

As with anybody out there, I take what I like and leave the rest.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast