Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paleo war? What is this all about? page 3

maranne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks everyone to take the time to respond! I remember the "golden days" of the primal movement and honestly their disagreements are totally lost on me. Perhaps it is a cultural thing?
    Like some of you said, I stick to the main principles of primal eating and lifestyle and would never consider getting all wound up about it.
    I hate rudeness though and calling someone names on the web doesn´t appeal to me at all. Shame about some of the blogs because they could be so good.
    M

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maranne View Post
    i erveryone!
    I have been absent for some time and on my return to the paleo world I discovered paleo drama between Melissa McEwen and Free the Animal guy Nicoley. What the hell is going on? Anyone care to enlighten me please?
    M
    Here's the summary version:

1. The ShitKruseSays twitter account made it sound like Jack Kruse was a terrorist on the low carb cruise. Jack Kruse got arrested.

2. Nikoley thought that Melissa (and a couple of others) were behind the account. He tweeted 'the cunts will pay' or something similar. (Apparently calling a woman a cunt is an absolutely outrageous insult, far far far worse than calling a man a dick)

3. Melissa (who was not behind the twitter account ShitKruseSays) became enraged by Nikoley's insult, and decided to engage in some character assassination and backbiting of her own on various blogs, eventually culminating in launching her smear blog.

4. Nikoley decided that although he had issued the original baseless insult, it wasn't in his nature to back down, because that would be letting them win, resulting in several bombastic posts, eventually culminating in his own smear blog.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 09-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I don't understand why people are so indignant about ShitKruseSays. We're not just mad that Kruse pushes low-carb; the guy is a dangerous wackjob who abuses his position as a doctor. If he doesn't end up in a jail cell or at least get his license revoked within the next year, I will personally blow every ketogenic member of this forum.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    I will personally blow every ketogenic member of this forum.
    I will provide the ketostix for the long line forming outside your door...

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I actually read his whole blog post and I was halfway through reading the comments when it suddenly hit me "Wow I realy need to get a life or something". It's funny where something as simple as reading about nutrition can lead you. My time would probably be better spent on perezhilton.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123