Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paleo war? What is this all about? page 2

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't read much into either side. I have NO IDEA how this current flare-up started, but they both sounds like assholes to me right now. Investing so much in the last word is just detrimental to one's health!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    such idiocy. clearly they have nothing better to do with their time. =/

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Newsflash

GREENVILLE, SC--Today an attack was made on the popular podcaster and radio show host Jimmy Moore, whose show now numbers over 600 episodes.

It seems Mr. Moore had been targeted by a group calling itself The Worshippers Of the Deified Macronutrient (TWODM).

As Mr. Moore left his studio, an individual, at present unidentified, approached him wearing a vest stuffed with high explosive and screaming, "Carbohydrate is great!" attempted to detonate himself. Fortunately, the bomb failed to go off. A man is helping police with their inquiries.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I haven't read much into either side. I have NO IDEA how this current flare-up started, but they both sounds like assholes to me right now. Investing so much in the last word is just detrimental to one's health!
    Yep, cannot believe they both have digressed into moronic behavior. When you roll in mud with pigs...
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    All you need to know is that kids never grow up and high school never ends.

My suggestion: ignore the words "paleo" and "primal." Don't associate yourself with a group or you get caught up in BS like this. It's solidarity. I actually wrote Richard Nikoley on this. This is my take below with Richard's response:

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
    This is why I’m growing to despise the “paleo movement.” No one on Earth right now is “paleo.” They never can and never will be. I was originally enamored by this lifestyle over a year and a half ago for one reason: it was simple. Eat real good, enjoy the outdoors more and lift heavier weight less times. Great! I loved it. The food tasted fantastic, ailments I never even knew I had started going away, I had more energy and it was SO SIMPLE! That’s what originally made this so great: SIMPLICITY!

Over the past year, “paleo” has transformed from a simple notion to some idealistic religious cult. All this drama exists for one reason: solidarity. “Paleo people” feel like they’re different from everyone else, and typically they feel superior to everyone else for having some kind of magical knowledge. Guess what? Thinking you are superior to anyone else for ordering a steak at a restaurant instead of a slice of pizza or not eating the bun with your burger doesn’t make you “paleo” – it makes you a fucking idiot. A person that eats a bun with their burger is no better or worse than someone wrapping it with lettuce, but if you think you’re better for wrapping it in lettuce, you are officially worse.

This drama is stupid and it is why months ago I stopped calling myself “paleo” or “primal.” I still will avoid grains and legumes sans white rice and occasional peanut butter. I still will avoid PUFA oils and cook my foods in saturated oils or animal fats. I still will continue to not drink soda, Juicy Juice and Gatorade. But not because I’m “paleo.” I’m avoiding those things because I know I’m healthier without them, and frankly, I’ve lost my taste for them. They’re “fake foods” to me. If any of you are truly doing this for HEALTH anymore, I commend you. If you’re going it to fit the “paleo paradigm,” you are a tool.

I like Richard. I think he’s a good dude and possibly too honest for his own good. I will, however, never understand how a man who thinks a presidential election is so unimportant can get so wrapped up and consumed by meaningless bullshit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nikoley
    Good rant there, Choco. Very much worth considering.

BTW, I advise people to stay away from the politics of election just like I advise they not consume arsenic. It goes way beyond grains and sugar.

Anyways, I hear ya, man.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

homunculus is offline Member
    I've stopped associating myself with "paleo" and "primal" as well. I just stick to the ~real food~ idea. This shit quickly got ridiculous. Can't expect any different from people though...
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Newsflash
    Wait... That IS a joke, right?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

stable31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I have reported you to DHS
    Snitches get stitches

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Reminds me of Donald Trump's spat with Rosie O'Donnell. One day she finally took it so far so he unleashed a backlash of epic proportions, constantly and without mercy.

(Bear in mind that this is his version of events.)

I've followed both blogs for a while and become bemused by the infighting that's appeared in the 'paleosphere' recently. But seeing as it impacts my life not one iota if everyone gets along or not, I'll just continue what I'm doing and leave everyone to sort themselves out.

I just get the feeling that Richard's offerings in this 'war' will be the more entertaining.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ..don't know either one....don't care.

Paleo is simply a premise that acknowledges modern human, evolved genetics are much like our paleolithic ancestors and that it's likely our diets should mimic their nutrition for better health. The evidential support for that premise will come from a lab...not some pissing match.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast