I myself dont have a weight target and am just trying to improve my overall health, but I read about many others that hit the wall with weight loss and wonder what it all means.

For a lot of individuals the answer seems to have been a slight primal reversal by increasing carb intake % which seems to have improved mood, energy and restarted weight loss process.

I wonder if people are going in too fast and too hard with the Carb restriction and diet change, remembering for most here Primal is just the current plan in a long history of diet changes in attempts to improve their overall health process.
I first started this process of health reform after my partner was diagnosed with autoimmune Hyperthyroid disease and after extensive research we came to the conclusion that since it probably took her 10-20 years to manifest this disease in her body, then it may well take 5-10 years to effect a reversal of her condition and she has passed the 5 year mark now with all test results indicating possible remission in the near future.

So with individuals here, even though they may not have manifested with a particular disease, if they have had long term health issues, obesity, energy, depression etc.
Would it be prudent to approach this with a longer term plan of health improvement rather than a primary focus of weight loss?

One would expect there are many changes required in the body before Fat Adaptation is complete, my interest triggered again when I read some of the sugar/fruit threads and went back to the Danny Roddy thread, although I dont agree with his conclusions & recommendations, I do accept that there is a real effect observed that seems to be improved by increasing glucose/fructose intake.

Some of the changes in the body required for this may include:
Gastrointestinal stabilisation & repair
Microbiota diversity & balancing
Improvement in both Insulin and Leptin resistance
Fatty liver, reduction of NAFL condition
Liver capability for gluconeogenesis.
Ketone metabolism enzymes
Increased Mitochondrial function
Toxin clearing from body including various chemicals, metals & high Omega 6 levels?

Im sure there are plenty of others as well, but just looking at these, some could be effected in weeks or months, others would likely take years.
Significant GI issues, whether externally realised or not may easily take 12 months minimum as per GAPs protocol and other intensive GI healing systems, remembering it is only after the gut healing has progressed significantly can the rest of the body start re balancing. Ive also read elsewhere of a number of individuals dealing with NAFL and Hyperinsulinemia, that have been Primal/Paleo for a number of years and are still struggling to rectify these conditions.
The other one is the PUFA balance 6/3, Ive read before it may take 4 years to clear excess Omega 6s from the body, just recently I read that human adipocytes have a half life of 2 years, so it takes 2 years for half of your fat cells to be replaced, and hence for their contents to be reconfigured.

I just read parts of a thesis studying rats and varying fat intakes, it was a moderate fat intake, but the % was varied between SFA, MUFA, PUFA and PUFA 6/3 balance.
There were a number of findings from that and other papers Ive read on this topic.
Fat storage & serum concentration closely reflects dietary intake.
Extended dietary intake will change the composition of the lipid bilayer in cell walls of various body tissues including Muscle, Kidney, Liver & Brain.
The greatest change observed was with an O6:O3 ratio greater than 10:1, which seems to be a tipping point for rats, ancestral estimates for humans have been anywhere between 5:1-1:1, current SAD estimates are between 10:1-16:1 from what I have read.
Once the 10:1 ratio is exceeded there is a reduction in the levels of O3 in the cell walls and an increase of O6, because of the change in position of the single Carbon bonds away from the centre of the bilayer this seems to change the behaviour/reactivity of the cell membrane.
Increase in inflammatory markers.
Reduction in minimal metabolic rate possible factor in obesity.
The brain is most resistant to the PUFA balance influence, but is affected when the balance rises to greater than around 16:1
Review of high fat diets showing weight gain in rodents was reviewed and something like 95% of these had an O6:O3 greater than 10 indicating it may well be the PUFA balance and not the fat intake which is causing the obesity.

In these studies it was pointed out that although it takes 8-10 weeks to effect fatty acid changes in the cell membrane lipid bilayer in rats, this equates to more than 12 months in Humans because of the difference in metabolism rates. Some comments from the Danny Roddy thread mentioned the release of PUFAs (O6s) from adipose tissue being one of the issues. We know that Lard composition is around 4% PUFA from free range pastured pork and can go up to 30% if fed Soy meal I just read, so in this physiological sense, we are probably very similar and if we came from a very, very SAD diet, then we probably have anywhere from 10-20% PUFA O6s being released from our adipose tissue when we go hard core KETO.

I can see this potentially explaining the weight stalls after good progress, eg:
You have changed diet, cut O6 intake, raised O3 intake, it takes a few months to start shifting the cell membrane ratio, but you make progress anyway as you firstly start to lose some water and through exercise move some easy weight, the cell membrane ratio improves, metabolism increases and weight falls off even faster, but suddenly the serum fatty acid profile changes with a flood of O6s released from the adipose tissue pushing the ratio of O6:O3 up again, this changes cell membrane ratio, inflammation increases and metabolism rate falls. This is usually the time when people start hard core Keto and increase SFA intake, which naturally then ends up in their butt, better than O6 PUFAs but causes frustration as weight stalls. One of the other findings was that SFA intake had virtually no impact on cell wall composition, so it was effect neutral, I wonder if at this stage O3 intake was increased by going heavy on fatty fish & maybe supplements whether this may have kept the O6:O3 below 10 and maintained weight loss and cell wall integrity.
I dont really know why individuals seem to improve by upping carbs, but it may simply be a reduction of the rate of lipolysis back to where the O6s do not overwhelm the ratio, hence allow a steady, though somewhat reduced weight loss.
I have also read and heard discussions where individuals report a number of steps in their weight loss, where they plateau for a while then start off again, going through this 2 or 3 times before they reach their goal.

Again Im sure there are many factors involved, this is just one idea that came to mind.

Anyway, thats a mouthful, interested in what others may have to say.