Thread: Hello from Minnesota! page

tcfitmn is offline Junior Member

Hello from Minnesota!

Shop Now
    Hey ya'll! My name is Tiffany and greetings from the Twin Cities!

Just finished up reading Mark's Primal Blueprint and am now making my way through Whole 9's It Starts with Food. I am loving primal nutrition. I've been dedicated to it for about a week now and even though I went through the carb flu for a few days, I'm starting to see higher energy levels and I've been sleeping better.

I am about 122lbs, close to 25-26% body fat, and am looking to get down to about 18% body fat and whatever weight that happens to fall at. I'm not going to be weighing myself this month just so I can focus on all of the other positive aspects the primal lifestyle is doing for me and not thinking so much about that tiny number on the scale -- instead thinking about how I feel and how my clothes are fitting.

So, nice to meet you all Can't wait to interact more with you guys and become a part of the primal community!

So -- just one question. Here is my what my intakes look like:
    1400 cals // 92 grams fat per day // 50-100 grams of carbs // and 95 grams of protein. Does that look about accurate for where my weight is right now?

Any other advice or tips are greatly appreciated

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcfitmn View Post
    So -- just one question. Here is my what my intakes look like:
    1400 cals // 92 grams fat per day // 50-100 grams of carbs // and 95 grams of protein. Does that look about accurate for where my weight is right now?
    1400 kcal really isn't very much and considerably less than the RDA.

At 122 lbs you're unlikely to be overweight whatever your height. And your quoted bodyfat percentage certainly isn't alarming (and you don't even know if the figure you've got is correct unless you've got very sophisticated and accurate equipment).

The trouble with eating that little is that it would get very difficult to get all the nutrients you need, and you'll probably only succeed in slowing your metabolism and burning lean tissue if you do it for long. I wouldn't not eat if you feel hungry at any rate: just eat something primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    1400 kcal really isn't very much and considerably less than the RDA.

At 122 lbs you're unlikely to be overweight whatever your height. And your quoted bodyfat percentage certainly isn't alarming (and you don't even know if the figure you've got is correct unless you've got very sophisticated and accurate equipment).

The trouble with eating that little is that it would get very difficult to get all the nutrients you need, and you'll probably only succeed in slowing your metabolism and burning lean tissue if you do it for long. I wouldn't not eat if you feel hungry at any rate: just eat something primal.
    Thanks, Lewis! I was a little worried about the 1400 as well when started because I was used to around 1600-1700 originally but followed the Primal Blueprint book to figure out what I needed. I am going to listen to my body and bump it up to around 1600-1700 depending on how hungry I am.

And you are correct -- the body fat is not accurate. I am only using a cheap scale I got from target to measure when it rises or drops, so it is quite likely that it is inaccurate.

Thank you for your feedback!

BrodieMN is offline Member
    Hi Tiffany. Good luck to you.

Consider joining the group Primal Minneapolis on this site. Maybe if we can get enough people we can do a primal feast

Quote Originally Posted by BrodieMN View Post
    Hi Tiffany. Good luck to you.

Consider joining the group Primal Minneapolis on this site. Maybe if we can get enough people we can do a primal feast
    Thanks Brodie! That would be great, sounds awesome

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I think if you're hungry eat.

Other things worth mentioning: get your vitamin D levels tested & get them up to levels recommended in paleo/primal. The other thing is sleep. The importance of good sleep in a properly darkened room probably can't be overrated. Not getting that can, all on it's own, shred your insulin-sensitivity. If you'd like more information on that just say and people here will post it.