Thread: Problems with muscle building page

TheTeddy is offline Member

Problems with muscle building

Shop Now
    I Have been primal about a month now. I've dropped a few percentages of fat, and have been getting stronger. (8 solid pullups, 12 side to side pullups), but I don't see anymore lean mad being added to me. I can't ever seem to get the 100+ grams of protein daily that I need. I usually end up getting half that. I'm in pretty good shape, and I've worked to get where I'm at for over a year. (5'11", 176-179, 15-16% bodyfat).

My typical meals a day are:

Skip breakfast

Lunch: big ass salad topped with a protein like hardboiled eggs, tuna, ham, turkey, or shrimp

Dinner: Meat- pork chops, chicken, fish fillets, shrimp, and a lot of veggies

Snacks(throughout the day, and probably too often): nuts and fruits

Also, my workouts are: one sprint day, three days of bodywork(no gym access), and lots of walking and tree climbing almost everyday

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Leaning out and putting on muscle are really on the opposite ends of the spectrim. There is no need for you at 15% body fat to be skipping breakfast, you want to gain muscle you are going to need to eat. Have a nice omlette with steak and bacon in it for breakfast.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal