Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Avocados: Crack? page 2

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'll have to check if crack also gives me horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. I'll report back.

skinnybacon is offline Member
    I love avocados too. I can just open one up and eat the whole thing
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    way too much omega 6
    It's unprocessed and even unheated whole food. Unlike eggs or nuts, it's a fruit. We're supposed to eat it.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 09-03-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    How cheap can you get for a leafy lush houseplant!
    Did it produce? I will have to try it out if it did

Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    Only buy a few on a Sunday or Monday -- some that are ripe and ready to eat, others that are hard and will limit your intake because you will only be able to eat it when it's not rock hard! I know that definitely helps me pace myself.
    I try to do that also and usually find I want some sooner so I have to put them in a paper bag with an apple. When I get a good sale, I have frozen them before, pitted and skinned & sprayed with lime juice. This time, I pitted and sprayed with lime juice but left them in the skin. Haven't tried any yet.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    It's unprocessed and even unheated whole food. Unlike eggs or nuts, it's a fruit. We're supposed to eat it.
    Are you saying we are supposed to eat fruit, but not supposed to eat eggs or nuts? If you are, please explain why. Thanks.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Are you saying we are supposed to eat fruit, but not supposed to eat eggs or nuts? If you are, please explain why. Thanks.
    In my opinion
    Fruit needs to be eaten in order to procreate. By eating eggs&nuts you're not only taking a life, you're denying it from ever happening - that's why you're not supposed to eat eggs&nuts by the bulk (for proof, eggs/nuts allergy is pretty common and even can be caused by over-consuming). I'm not saying few nuts here and there is bad for you nor is the common egg. However, they were never such a huge part of Grok's diet like many Primals around here.
    It's also worth mentioning that almonds were originally pretty bitter and toxic until men did his voodoo on them.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 09-05-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I remember years ago, when I first moved here from Minnesota (where salsa = catsup) I hated avocados~ bought them on sale, threw away the flesh and grew the pits. How cheap can you get for a leafy lush houseplant! Love them now though! Just bought a bag full at 3/$1
    Currently living in Minnesota, and I WISH I could get them 3 for a dollar!!! I'm lucky if they are less than $2 each....

I'd have one every day if I could afford them. My favorite way to have them is diced and tossed with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    way too much omega 6
    No way, Avocado fat is amazingly healthy.

Remember, natural Omega 6 oils are fine. (Within some level of normal moderation.) It's the levels of O-6 you get from PROCESSED oils and industrial foods that are brutal. We aren't made to eat rapeseed or cottonseed or soybean oil, or grain fed cow. Those just weren't in our diets until very recently.

Same with nuts. People freak out about the level of O6 in nuts, even though nuts appear to be very healthy and do very well in most observational studies. The fact is that foods need to be looked at in it's WHOLE form, not just as the macro and micros. (Kind of like how a vitamin might be great when eaten in the context of a natural food, but NOT in the form of a synthetic supplement.)

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Did it produce? I will have to try it out if it did
    No~ takes years and they get too big for the house~ too hot outside. But for awhile, they make a pretty houseplant in a sunny window.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    When i eat 1 avocado my appetite is gone for the entire day.
    I don't understand why people here say they limit avocado's. It's a great source of vitamin E. I can't find great vitamin E sources.
    Billie trips balls

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast