Hi, I've been struggling to lose weight on primal. If you read my previous posts, you'll see that I lost weight initially, but then the weight crept back. Then I started fasting, and lost weight again, but then that weight crept back too. Now I'm heavier than I was when I first went primal in April (most likely because I've been cutting down on the cardio--running is the only thing that never fails me as far as weight loss goes).

I pretty much want to give up at this point. Running is more enjoyable if I'm not severely restricting my carb intake. (I'm not fat-adapted yet, obviously). The only thing that's keeping me going at this point is the promise of fat adaptation. Is it real? How long does it take to become fat-adapted? Mostly, I'd just like to hear your success story. Did you struggle with being primal at first but eventually succeed? For me, success = weight loss (well, fat loss really--I couldn't care less about what the scale says--what I care about is losing the excess abdominal fat). Sorry, I know some people disapprove of this attitude, but I am what I am. I'm already healthy so I have no other way of measuring success.

So, did you eventually succeed? After how long? And how did it finally work out for you? Did you change anything? I just need some hope here...The Cheez-Its are calling to me.