Thread: 24 hour fasting help plz page

dnieto090388 is offline Junior Member

24 hour fasting help plz

Primal Fuel
    hi I was wondering what are the benefits of a 24 hour fast and is there any other benefits of going longer..thanks

gmatt is offline Junior Member
    Here is a link to part 2 of the BBC documentary which details the health benefits of a 3.5 day (84 hour) fast featuring Dr. Valter Longo.

P2 Horizon Eat, Fast and Live Longer - YouTube

The 3.5 day fasting part starts at about the 4 minute mark.

Sorry, you also need to see part 3 to see the results of the 3.5 day fast P3 Horizon Eat, Fast and Live Longer - YouTube

Part I is here (details daily calorie restriction not fasting).
    P1 Horizon Eat, Fast and Live Longer - YouTube

Paleobird Guest
    I highly recommend the three part series that pklopp did here on this forum about fasting.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    You will become nice and hungry and you will enjoy your break-fast a lot!
    It might make you feel very happy, like it makes me.

The researchers think that hunger-induced happiness is an adaptive measure. Getting food, especially in the wild, requires concentration, clear-headed perception and often cooperation.

If hunger made us walk around in a funk, we’d likely become someone else’s dinner. Instead, ghrelin motivates and focuses us on getting some F-O-O-D! Stat!

Hunger is not the only stressor that causes ghrelin to rise. Social anxiety can stimulate it as well. When mice were exposed to an older “bully” mouse (think, overbearing boss), ghrelin levels rose and stayed high for weeks.

Elevated ghrelin could be why some people overeat when under pressure. If the stress-induced snack is avoided, the research suggests, ghrelin levels will remain high and help us confront the stressor in a calm, effective way.

Hunger Can Make You Happy | LiveScience
    Billie trips balls

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I did a 24 hour fast yesterday, broke it for dinner at 11:00 last night. Damn it felt good. I've only done about 5-6 24 hour fasts, all in the past 6 months, but yesterday's was different, I just felt better than usual. Excited, elated, happy, energetic. I might start doing one a week.