Thread: Primal Journal Cathb: Take ??? and various ramblings page

cathb is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal Cathb: Take ??? and various ramblings

Primal Fuel
    Starting to finally click! Passed up "opportunity" for donuts, which would lead to further downfall after reflecting on how it would make me feel: anticipation--great, first few bites--good, the rest--terrible! Eating also so tied to exercise. Mood tied to weather. Everything is connected. Crappy weather and possibility of comfort food almost derailed what turned out to be a great afternoon...visiting a new state park and renting a canoe for a short paddle. Visited my brother and 5 day old niece. Ate what he cooked--great chicken and veggies, with the smallest amount of flour. Not going to be some crazy neurotic about food--I am have no "problems" with wheat, so I'm not going to treat it like I would die of anaphalactic shock if it touched my lips. The goal, this time, is to make a lifestyle change. No crazy counting, some planning but IF good, varying amounts and types of primal food based on the day and cycles.

Plan: 80/20 primal eating, lots of long walks/hikes, and some play while coaching until coaching is done mid Oct; intervals and weights sporadic at best
    After, focus on better meats and veggies (ie look into how/where they're grown and fed), add regular intervals and weights

Yeah 4 day work week! Now on to lesson plans and grading papers... with coffee and heavy cream...

cathb is offline Junior Member
    Down about 2 pounds from yesterday...some IF and T bone steak with red wine and tons of veggies. Now at a low I haven't sustained for a couple of years--exciting and anxious. Trying to get my fridge together at work so I don't have to pack everyday, just once or twice a week. Need to get butt in gear for exercise--unfortunately the weather has been rainy and I have not transitioned back into the basement. Hard to believe a recent high wgt was 17# higher!