Thread: Protein, fasting, and muscle page

TheTeddy is offline Member

Protein, fasting, and muscle

Primal Fuel
    I've been toting with the idea of implementing IF, but I'm also trying to build lean muscle consistently. And something else is bothering me. I've been having issues getting enough daily protein. My questions, thusly, are "Is protein consumption cumulative, or do you have to get a certain amount a day to build muscle. Can that be achieved while implementing IF? And how do I get the 100+ grams of protein a day anyway?" it's hard for me fr some reason. Thank you.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yes its cumulative....every day. Read Pklopps series on IF (just do a search for it). If your eating meat at every meal I dunno how not to get 100g of protein? Maybe you could post a days menu or something.

TheTeddy is offline Member
    Typically a big ass salad topped with a protein such as tuna, hardboiled eggs, ham, or turkey. Dinner is often chicken breast, pork chops, tilapia fillets, or shrimp. I typically don't eat breakfast, but I snack on nuts on occasion. And what I meant by cumulative is whether protein over time is more important than protein daily.
    Last edited by TheTeddy; 09-02-2012 at 07:17 PM.

mmsantos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTeddy View Post
    I've been toting with the idea of implementing IF, but I'm also trying to build lean muscle consistently. And something else is bothering me. I've been having issues getting enough daily protein. My questions, thusly, are "Is protein consumption cumulative, or do you have to get a certain amount a day to build muscle. Can that be achieved while implementing IF? And how do I get the 100+ grams of protein a day anyway?" it's hard for me fr some reason. Thank you.
    Check out leangains.com

jakeb is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsantos View Post
    Check out leangains.com
    Good site. I had a very hard time finding consistently 'paleo' foods while in SE Asia. Rice, rice, rice. And meat is expensive in a lot of countries, and it's almost like eating wild game. A chicken, nothing like it would be in the U.S. But maybe that's a good thing ....