Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from norfolk UK. Missing my puddings. page

Kate P is offline Junior Member

Hi from norfolk UK. Missing my puddings.

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm from the middle of nowhere in the UK. I'm nearly forty (few weeks to go..) and podgy around the middle

I've been trying this 'diet' for about 5 weeks and I'm converted! Have had a few cheats but only due to convenience - e.g. a burger in a roll whilst out and starving. However on odd occasion I've had bread I get a headache now - maybe psychsematic (spelt wrong - sorry).

Well, just wanted to say Hi as the few people I've mentioned this to here think I've gone mad - give up bread and pasta!! Impossible!

Also just wanted to mention have lost 5lbs and an unexpected bonus is that a swollen leg (due to DVT 10 years ago) is now the same size as my other leg!! Had got so used to hiding it had not thought it would ever change.

Well, I love reading all about this way of eating, the science behind it doesn't make me feel I'm depriving myself only that I'm benefiting myself.

Only downside is I do miss the odd pudding, bananas and cream with melted chocolate are quite nice though

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the success so far!! I think the fun part about eating healthier like this, is that you really start to be in tune with what your body is telling you. Like now you know that bread might give you headaches. I think it's kind of fun. you're hearing your body's signals, which is a good thing.

I'm not sure if you refer to pudding like us Yanks refer to puddings on the other side of the pond, but there is a pudding type dish someone mentioned in the Eat MOAR fat thread. If you take a can of coconut cream (the thick kind of coconut milk) open it up, refrigerate it overnight in a bowl, and then the next morning mix in cocoa powder then it makes a delicious decadent coconut chocolate pudding.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate P View Post
    I've been trying this 'diet' for about 5 weeks and I'm converted! Have had a few cheats but only due to convenience - e.g. a burger in a roll whilst out and starving. However on odd occasion I've had bread I get a headache now - maybe psychsematic
    Maybe. But I wouldn't rule it out. It seems that most of the people who are wheat intolerant have no gastrointestinal symptoms.

There's a cardiologist in the U.S., Dr. William Davis, who, after he noticed how high the glycemic index of bread was, started telling his patients to pull it out of their diets. He was absolutely staggered to find out not just that they slimmed down, which he'd been expecting, but that all kinds of apparently unrelated health problems started clearing up, a bewildering array of things.

He's written a book called Wheat Belly: Lose the wheat, lose the weight. It actually topped the New York Times bestseller list, and the food industry is furious with him.

Also just wanted to mention have lost 5lbs and an unexpected bonus is that a swollen leg (due to DVT 10 years ago) is now the same size as my other leg!! Had got so used to hiding it had not thought it would ever change.
    I don't know what DVT is, but if there seems to be any connection with dropping wheat from your diet and the swollen leg going down, why not drop Dr. Davis a line and tell him? He's fascinated by stories like that.

Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kate, it's great to hear you doing so well after such a short time eating this way.

I only heard about Primal on June 22 and dived in straight away. That's about 11 weeks now, and it fully feels like an entrenched lifestyle already.

Accidentally ate two slices of bread yesterday - sore tummy for rest of afternoon. That was unexpected, because although I know that I have been feeling better without it, I didn't previously realise it was problematic.

Dotty Byrd is offline Junior Member
    Hi Kate, I'm in the UK too. I had a month wheat and rubbish free before I discovered Primal and have given up Grains for 2 weeks. I feel like a different person. I started to keep a symptoms diary 6 weeks ago but haven't had anything to write. No headaches, no joint pain and now I've given up fruit, no hay fever. I just have to get used to this foreign language - Yerba Mate, Crio Bru, IF, BP, Fat bombs? Still waiting for my books from Amazon - 10 days, not good enough.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate P View Post
    Hi, I'm from the middle of nowhere in the UK.
    Welcome to the forum. I'll be at Kirby Cane on Saturday 15th as it's my Mum's 90th birthday thrash.

I miss beer, Marmite on toast and French stick. But, as I can eat more fat I'm fine. I also allow myself wine and single malts, along with the medicinal dark chocolate.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Howard44 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Kate, I'm 45 and can very much relate to your comments. I really miss bread and very occasionally I give in, normally when I've had a couple of glasses of wine and there are no other options easily available, followed my much regret and an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach the next morning! I was also carrying a little weight around my stomach and was just a bit 'soft' all over before I went primal. Stick with it as I can personally attest that after a few months (what its taken me) I've leaned out a lot, have loads of energy and am fitter than I've been in many years, I've even got of a six pack showing up, which I still find unbelievable as I've not had one since I was about 22. My friends and family variously call me mad, eccentric and even unhealthy as I no longer eat 'normal' food like they do. But at the same time they can't understand that I eat loads of fat and eggs and meat and still look better than I have in years. Now I have people telling me that my cholesterol must be off the charts and I'm bound to have a heart attack because I eat cream and butter and have a fry up most mornings! Good luck with it and enjoy the transformation!

Lissee, that sounds great, have checked supermarket for coconut cream but can't find it but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before. As soon as I find it I'll give it a go...

Hi everyone and thanks for all your replies. I have ordered Wheat Belly but it's not arrived yet. Definately feel better for not eating wheat although like you guys I didn't realise I felt so bad before!

Lewis - DVT was a blood clot in my leg, the blood had to force it's way round by stretching the vessels so now have a lumpy, veiny, bruised looking leg but as I say it was swollen too with oedema but now shrunk to same size as other leg, really am over the moon about this side effect of going Primal

Weight loss sort of feels slow but as I never feel hungry now and yet still losing weight I can't complain. How I ever managed to eat those big bowls of pasta I really can't imagine now.

Thanks again all of you for replying it's nice to hear encouragement from like-minded people (I'd never written on a forum before!)

Mark7 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Brit, best of luck with the 'diet.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast